• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Masters Morse and Lukather...

Just unreal. Nothing else to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBGOI_odHI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhVH8K-Eo0U
    Last edited by dsg0208; 12-12-2009, 02:25 PM.

Lukather played the intro superb, really, I love it. Morse killed on his solo and it sounds like his vibrato has gotten a lot better.

I wish Lukather didn't try to play so fast all the time, his melodic playing is really nice and unique, but when he tries to "shred" it just sounds like he's trying to prove something.

Bitchin video either way.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
      Bitchin video either way.
      Thanks for sharing!!!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
        I wish Lukather didn't try to play so fast all the time, his melodic playing is really nice and unique, but when he tries to "shred" it just sounds like he's trying to prove something.
        I totally agree with this. Luke is a great, great player but it does seem like he overdoes it with the fast stuff at times. He's definitely played some amazing solos in his career. I'm not a fan of his tone either... too processed or something. Schon's recent live tone is like that too.

Jeez, Morse is great. He definitely approached things with respect and played some cool bending licks with great intonation. I like his vibrato too. On this night, Morse was more impressive IMO.

Again, both of these guys possess guitar chops that I'll never have, so who am I to talk?

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          I totally agree with this. Luke is a great, great player but it does seem like he overdoes it with the fast stuff at times. He's definitely played some amazing solos in his career. I'm not a fan of his tone either... too processed or something. Schon's recent live tone is like that too.

Jeez, Morse is great. He definitely approached things with respect and played some cool bending licks with great intonation. I like his vibrato too. On this night, Morse was more impressive IMO.

Again, both of these guys possess guitar chops that I'll never have, so who am I to talk?
          Yeah, I've also never been a fan of Steve's tone, it's very hollow sounding and it just doesn't scream.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Morse always seems very much in control of his playing........

Comment

big fan of Luke but he likes beer.. a lot... and according to some folks in the session scene, when he isn't working (recording or playing on big stage) the jamming is done usually under some influence... hence why he often just plays really really fast
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
              X