Queensryche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    That's scary, I have that "collector set?" VHS as well. I still love it.
    I still have that as well

As much as I love OM, I still think they peaked from a songwriting standpoint on RFO...it sounded like nothing before it or since...a truly unique and original piece of work. Neue Regel...absolutely sick in its coolness

Comment

Operation Live Crime!
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I love all of their work up through Empire. The ones after that didn't do much for me.

Comment

Maybe the best 80's metal concert i ever saw was the "Empire" tour
          in 91'? Whatever year it was... the sound was perfect, and it was
          an amazing concert! IMO couldnt have been better! Mindcrime is their
          best album ...imo

Comment

I caught them on that tour at Poole Arts Centre. Amazing that there was a time when you could see bands of that calibre at such provincial venues! They were just staggering that night, especially when they played the entire "Mindcrime" set in a single pass. The support was Lynch Mob, so all in all it was a pretty good night.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              All of Queensryche's back catalog before Empire is good. Some will say Rage for Order is an acquired taste. Some people hate it. It is my personal favorite, so there you go.

Their first EP is classic. "The Lady Wore Black" is a stellar tune.

- E.
              I liked Rage for Order. not my fav, but I liked it alot.

"gonna get close to you" is a great tune, kinda eerie in a way, but way cool. I cnat think of a tune that is like it in any way.

"The whisper" is a great tune as well.

"I will remember" was cool, kind of a failed radio hit IMO. the words were too "out there" for mainstream radio. but a cool song.

DeGarmo and Wilton were an iconic dual axe team. I think they were arguably the best ever. I know, I know.........Priest and Maiden had their powerhouse duos too, but man Degarmo and wilton had disctincly different playing styles that worked SO well together. they just jived. it worked. the creativity and writing was oustanding. they had chemistry.

Mindcrime is the best Queensryche work ever IMO. its probably one of the best CD's ever recorded. bar none. its just perfect.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                I liked Rage for Order. not my fav, but I liked it alot.

"gonna get close to you" is a great tune, kinda eerie in a way, but way cool. I cnat think of a tune that is like it in any way.
                It's actually a cover song they did! I never realized it was a cover either.
                From Canadian Lisa Dalbello's 1984 album Whomanfoursays.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah. Lisa Dalbello is a Canadian Artist so we got a lot of airplay on her video up here on Muchmusic due to the CRTC's Canadian Content laws.

Basically they had to have a minimum amount of Candian artists represented on the channel so that means that a lot of stuff that never saw the light outside of Canada got a lot of airplay because the percentage was over 50%.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was watching some brief clip about the making of the Rage album on Youtube and saw one of the replies saying they loved this cover. I never knew it was a cover and never heard of Lisa Dalbello. Though, I gotta say, her song is great, and it's awesome how Queensryche kept their version so close to hers.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      it's actually a cover song they did! I never realized it was a cover either.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-lzekd2y
                      omg.

They didn't stray too far.

What I don't get is that the original was fairly close in age to the QR version. Why make a cover of a fairly current song?

Comment

My understanding was they really loved her album and just thought it was a really cool and different song so they decided to cover it.

Thank god they didn't choose Tango...

Lisa Dalbello's "Tango" music video from her 1987 She album.I am so pleased to be able to finally upload the complete music video for this song!!! I believe...
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Geoff Tate even sort of copied her hairstyle.

To be honest, that song kept me from buying Rage for Order for a long time, and I had been a big fan before that. I've grown to like the song better, and it does fit well on that album.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                            Geoff Tate even sort of copied her hairstyle.
                            I noticed that, too! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              It's actually a cover song they did! I never realized it was a cover either.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-lZekd2Y
                              Nor did I. That's my favorite song from the album. Screaming in Digital would be my #2.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                With Rage Of Order they really came out with their signature sound.
                                I think that's why I like it so much. I think it is the answer to the question "What does Queensryche sound like?

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                Empire is my personal favorite as I like the songs, production and arrangements the most on that one.
                                That is a great album; a little to commercial sounding though in my opinion. It's a damn shame that some people only know them for "Silent Lucidity". That song gets a "skip" whenever I play that album. "Resistance" is probably my all time favorite QR song, both to listen to and to play. Love that 7/8 intro.

- E.
                                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                                X