Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the US get fucked out of the good Festivles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the US get fucked out of the good Festivles?

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Heaven and Hell, and Motorhead.

Europe.

Of course. What does the US ever get? Fucking Trivium and Disturbed.

Fuck!
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

American Carnage Tour - Megadeth, Slayer, and Testament

Comment

I guess the focal point is Megadeth and Metallica.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

be loud, barbaric, drunken bastards like us who spend all the money on concerts - better festivals guaranteed
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Insurance costs and lawyers - the amazing, never-ending fun-sponges...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

A buddy of mine at work sent me Sonisphere info, asking pretty seriously if I wanted to go to Poland this summer.

We might. He loves to be on the rail, but I don't think that's a particularly strong idea this time around.

Comment

Because you can't get sponsors for that type of American tour unless they're telecoms or some other stupid shit, and then it has to be "ethnically diverse", "politically correct", and "socially aware", and then be approved by the local chapter of some ridiculously vocal minorty enviro group as well as a ton of other buttmunchers that demonstrate time and again why Freedom Of Speech was a bad idea and the Right To Keep and Bear Arms is such a great idea.

Oddly, they cannot see the appeal of Metal, yet every day they exist, they prove its worth.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Metal just isn't as big anymore in the USA as it is in Europe. Bands that play decent-sized venues in Europe can barely play bars in the USA.

Festivals focusing on other types of music do quite well in the USA, so I doubt it's the economy or the lawyers etc.

Comment

I would blame it on livenation since they own so many venues and artists. they are some greedy fuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Heaven and Hell, and Motorhead.

Europe.

Of course. What does the US ever get? Fucking Trivium and Disturbed.

Fuck!
                    Probably cause we can't spell festival.

lmao
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      Metal just isn't as big anymore in the USA as it is in Europe. Bands that play decent-sized venues in Europe can barely play bars in the USA.

Festivals focusing on other types of music do quite well in the USA, so I doubt it's the economy or the lawyers etc.
                      Yeah this is pretty much it. There are festivals that draw tens of thousands- bonnaroo, wakarusa, red rocks, 10000 lakes, but theyre more jam/hippie oriented.

The us gets trivium/disturbed because they are the closest "metal" bands that can appeal to the mooks that think "jersey shore" is a cool show.

The "american carnage tour" would probably be playing outdoor venues in europe, that would never happen here.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                        Insurance costs and lawyers - the amazing, never-ending fun-sponges...

+1
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

How is it that you guys thing insurance plays a factor?
                          Worker's comp is high but it's the same price for any show at a venue, liability is higher if pyrotechics are used(and there maybe costs for fire watches), and some insurance companies exclude heavy metal and rap arists to keep costs down for venues. the insurance on artists' equipment and themselves doesn't change by what country they are in.
                          I don't know about the big tours but for a single venue to an agent lawyers are not really involved. the contracts are basic.

Comment

This shit pisses me off.

Comment

Dude! You got fucking Maryland Death Fest! I would kill to see that show in 2010! Probably one of the best death metal line-ups ever!
                              SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
                              Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X