Scorpions Announce Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
    Saw them in '88 at the Monsters of Rock show. The should have been the headliner, their show blew Van Hagar away.
    Same deal here in Philly. The Scorps kicked ass !
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      Cool band, but retirement announcements are just lame, pretentious, money grabs.
      I agree. If your gonna retire. Do it and disappear. Otherwise, it's just a reason for raised ticket prices and more scalpers. Of course, it could be like the Kiss last tour back in '98, or '99, or '05?!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

The last time I saw the Scorps live was in '91 or 92'(IIRC), it was the crazy world tour and they were truly a class act, it had been raining out at lakewood amphitheater all evening and about half way through the scorps set they(the venue) stopped the show and gave a 30-45 minute recess as some of the parking areas were flooding and they wanted to give the ticket holders a chance to move their cars, they extended alcohol sales for this. The fans who weren't moving cars were getting drunk and loud, but with the scorps level of experience, they also used the time to party and as soon as they came back out on stage it was electrifying the sheer pace and unrelenting rocking, good showsmanship and extra long set really made for a night to remember!!!

I listened to the scorpions for over 25 years and think that it's great the mark they've left on music and their legacy to the fans ..........

They deserve it!
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
          I agree. If your gonna retire. Do it and disappear. Otherwise, it's just a reason for raised ticket prices and more scalpers. Of course, it could be like the Kiss last tour back in '98, or '99, or '05?!
          I disagree. You can do a legitimate 'retirement tour' without doing the crappy Kiss huckster thing. By announcing their intention to retire, the Scorps are letting a lot of casual fans know that it's now or never. Nothing wrong with that. Sure, it'll probably help with promotion, but I don't see this as a cynical thing.

Somehow, I can't envision the Scorps doing what Kiss did.

Comment

Working...
          X