No announcement yet.

Randy Quiet Riot years etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was she the fat sister? If so, I hope Randy was on top.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
      EVERY account I've ever heard....Randy was the furthest thing from gay ever. In fact he was a dog. Nailing hot chicks was what he did when he wasn't playing. Ask Nancy Wilson of Heart who said in a documentary interview that Randy was banging her on the bathroom floor of a club while the rest of QR was watching thru the vent window above the door. Randy was a dirty dog!
      I saw that, it was in the Rhoads documentary trailer. That wasn't Nancy Wilson that said that, it was Jackie Fox (bassist) from the Runaways.

Comment

One of the things that I enjoyed about the early QR stuff is that you can hear SO many bits and pieces that became Ozzy songs. Totally agree on Bob's impact to the songs. That, and You Said it All is probably one of my favorite songs ever. Still kinda QR-ish (the intro of the song is an intro of a QR song called You Drive Me Crazy).

Also, if you can find the Mr. Crowley EP (the one that has You Said it All), you'll hear a different live version of Mr. Crowley - they ended it differently, and it's cool as hell.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

+1 to You Said It All. I grabbed that on vinyl years and years ago.....I wish it was on Blizzard. It really is a pretty good song.

For those who have never heard it, here it is! Almost has a "No Bone Movies" vibe to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNAn09T9jM

I think the Randy stories have been cleaned up over the years. I remember when Tribute first came out I read a story quoting Ozzy acknowledging he wasn't exactly St. Randy. Apparently one of his favorite tricks was to take his hammer out at restaurants and leave it just hanging there and then see how long it took the waitress to notice. Not gentlemanly but whatever.

He's taken on this mythical status of the guy who was going to turn his back on metal money to pursue an almost monastic life dedicated to classical guitar. It's a good story but I think the truth is much more complicated & interesting than that storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            One of the things that I enjoyed about the early QR stuff is that you can hear SO many bits and pieces that became Ozzy songs. Totally agree on Bob's impact to the songs. That, and You Said it All is probably one of my favorite songs ever. Still kinda QR-ish (the intro of the song is an intro of a QR song called You Drive Me Crazy).

Also, if you can find the Mr. Crowley EP (the one that has You Said it All), you'll hear a different live version of Mr. Crowley - they ended it differently, and it's cool as hell.

Sully
            Absolutely! His Revelation solo was from his QR days...almost not for note.
            I have that EP somewhere...I'll have to break it out and listen to that version...I don't recall ever noticing that it was different from the Tribute/After Hours versions.

Anybody remember the Violet Fox tracks? Not exactly what people expected from Randy.

Comment

Never heard the VF stuff, but everything I've seen about it (which hasn't been a ton) says it's not legit.

If you can find the mp3s of some of his lessons, you can hear him screwing around and playing leads that became part of the 2nd Crowley solo.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X