Randy Quiet Riot years etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    no, not the b side of live mr crowley there is a song the b side?? something.
    There was a song called "One up the B Side" that was an extra track off of Bark at the Moon. I have it on a 12" UK single; Had Bark at the Moon, One up the B Side, and one other track. Was Jake E. Lee, not Randy.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
      As mentioned, Kevin really reworked what you hear on that with the exception of one song that he didn't have the master to (I forget the song, but it's mentioned in the liner notes).

Sully
      "Force of Habit" was the song.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
        There was a song called "One up the B Side" that was an extra track off of Bark at the Moon. I have it on a 12" UK single; Had Bark at the Moon, One up the B Side, and one other track. Was Jake E. Lee, not Randy.

- E.
        Nevermind, sounds like we were talking about two different things.

Comment

According to my ex-wife (who worked at one of the most famous Hollywood clubs at the time), her sister and friends, Randy was definitely *not* gay. I hesitate to relay the stories they have however, as most people like to think of Randy as some sort of angel or something.

I still love the little dude though, been to his grave and Musonia many times, RacerX and I got to see his induction ceremony (where they misspelled Rhoads!!!), and nothing anyone can ever say about him can take away the fact that he was a MONSTER guitar player.

Comment

- E.
            I might be confusing the 2 but I could swear that there was another rare live track.
            [QUOTE][The Mr. Crowley live EP has Mr. Crowley (live), Suicide Solution (live), and You Said it All. The live tracks are from the '80 UK tour.

If you've never heard the full show bootlegs from that UK tour, you're missing out. Randy was on fire! It sounded like he took alot of chances and was just flat out playing his ass off. /QUOTE]I had a few live concert bootleg tapes that have disappeared over the years.
            this is what I still have on vinyl-flying high again/prerelease montage, QR 45 with slick black cadillace/killer girls, load up, ozzimium live 7/31/81, from obscurity to eternity, the earliest sessions, live mr crowley, dealy deeds(horrible sound quality)QR II(not original), and over the mountain/i don't know 12 single. the copy I had of you looking.. came off of an original UK 45.

Comment

Okok I only mentioned the guy saying randy was Gay as part of my confusion as to what the hell he was talking about. not speculating on it. I don't care either way.
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I havent read all the replies but my understanding about the QR stuff was that Randy wasn't very proud of it, his mom kew that so hence the reluctance to release it.

I have all the QR stuff and that was not the Randy we all know an love form the first 2 Ozzy albums. You could tell he was great player but in all honesty outside of Randy QR sucked and so did a lot of thier songs, which were molded by the record company wanting them to be a bubblegum pop band.

Randy was not gay either..
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

the other song I think you gays are talkign about is "You looking at me, looking at you".
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

My admiration for Randy wouldn't be diminished if he were into humping German Shepards. The guy was an incredible player and the way he was able to play with so much emotion even during highly technical solos and riffs is still unequaled to this day IMO.

I don't understand why people are so afraid to say anything that might contradict Randy's angelic public image. The guy was brought up in the Hollywood club scene and toured with Ozzy while in his early to mid 20's. I'm sure he had his share of shenanigans. He wouldn't be human if he didn't dabble at least a little bit.

Comment

the other song I think you gays are talkign about is "You looking at me, looking at you".
                      Already said that one. you mean guys rights??

Comment

The 2 songs you guys are talking about are You Said it All and You Looking At Me, Looking At You. Both are ok, but you can tell why they are not on Blizzard.

Comment

i loved looking at you, i had it on a tape from klos in the 80's and just kept transfering it thru the years now obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                            The 2 songs you guys are talking about are You Said it All and You Looking At Me, Looking At You. Both are ok, but you can tell why they are not on Blizzard.
                            Just an FYI for anyone looking for Looking At Me, Looking at You. It was included on the Blizzard re-release a few years ago.

Comment

EVERY account I've ever heard....Randy was the furthest thing from gay ever. In fact he was a dog. Nailing hot chicks was what he did when he wasn't playing. Ask Nancy Wilson of Heart who said in a documentary interview that Randy was banging her on the bathroom floor of a club while the rest of QR was watching thru the vent window above the door. Randy was a dirty dog!
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                                EVERY account I've ever heard....Randy was the furthest thing from gay ever. In fact he was a dog. Nailing hot chicks was what he did when he wasn't playing. Ask Nancy Wilson of Heart who said in a documentary interview that Randy was banging her on the bathroom floor of a club while the rest of QR was watching thru the vent window above the door. Randy was a dirty dog!
                                I've heard that story, but never with Nancy Wilson as the bangee :think:

Comment

Working...
                                X