Megadeth - Set The World Afire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth - Set The World Afire

I've been playing a mixed CD of Megadeth tunes for some while now when in the car and the song, "set the world afire" is on the CD.

I just sat down and learned the rhythm part and I have to say I'm having loads of fun playing the tune.

I think the next Mega tune I'll take a stab at will be "Rust In Peace Polaris."

For now I'm enjoying myself with Set The World Afire.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

I never even attempted to play it but I've always liked the tune
    Hail yesterday

Comment

G, its a fun one to play but it isn't exactly easy either.
      I went to youtube and watched a handful of players and some are playing it right and some aren't.
      Either way its a workout.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

LOVE this tune, so many changes. Never figured out Jeff Youngs solo. I thought Drover did a good job with it though. Einstein said we'll use rocks on the other side!
        BTW-Does anyone have a backing track you'd be willing to send me in MP3 format? I can't find one.
        Last edited by Scooter; 03-18-2010, 10:21 AM.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I'm learning Rust In Peace... Polaris right now. Almost got the last part and then I know the entire song by heart except for the solo. A real joy to play!

Comment

I'm working on Dialectic Chaos - I was surprised that Dave was such a big Wolfmother fan that he ripped off the riff.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

First one I learned from Megadeth was Symphony Of Destruction.Still working on the leads though,I never quite got those down.Skin-o-my teeth is fun to play too.
              BLS/SDMF

Comment

Symphony here too, although the rythym on that song is pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  I'm working on Dialectic Chaos - I was surprised that Dave was such a big Wolfmother fan that he ripped off the riff.
                  Hmm, does sound like it... according to a comment on youtube, Wolfmother ripped it off some German song:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

First one i started with (after not playing for ten years) was Dread and The Fugitive Mind, although the solo turned out to be too much for me at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by potatohead View Post
                      Symphony here too, although the rythym on that song is pretty simple.

Yes,but you neglect the point of it being so fucking bad ass!!!!

DUH,DUH,DUH, DUHDUHDUHDUH DUHDUH!!!
                      You take a MORTAL MAN!!!!!!AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH...BRUTAL.Don't betray a song for it's simplicity..It's brilliant!
                      BLS/SDMF

Comment

And also "fun" to play..Don't forget about that.The day I stop having fun is the day they all become firewood.....LORD WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!
                        BLS/SDMF

Comment

I haven't tried anything after Countdown to Extinction. Marty Friedman pisses me off with his guitar solos. I can get 'through' some of his stuff, but I am no where near the caliber player he is, and Chris Broderick, fuggetaboutit, these guys just make me want to play rhythm only.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Regardless,whatever it is,I grew up on it.Pretty much if it starts with "M"...It's the shit.Morbid Angel,Megadeth,Metallica..ETC

Anyone got any more M's? And don't say My chemical Romance....I fart those riffs as if I'd play them anyway,but still,sorry to go off topic.
                            BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
                              Regardless,whatever it is,I grew up on it.Pretty much if it starts with "M"...It's the shit.Morbid Angel,Megadeth,Metallica..ETC

Anyone got any more M's? And don't say My chemical Romance....I fart those riffs as if I'd play them anyway,but still,sorry to go off topic.
                              I'm an old fart so I'd say Montrose, Mercyful Fate, Motorhead....

Newer one...Machine Head
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                              X