No announcement yet.

Reb beach bagging on hammet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortest Straw and Harvester of Sorrow both have pretty disjointed solos. I thought it sounded fine.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by tooslowhand View Post
      "Shortest Straw" is one of my favorite Kirk solos and I don't think he pulled it off there. It sounds like the way I play when I know the basic structure of a solo (whammy part here, fast ascent here, tapping here) but I don't know any of the actual notes.
      You nailed it. I don't think he actually has that solo down, he was winging half of it. I mean it didn't really flow at all like the original and alot of the notes were totally different. To be fair, its not a song they play that often so I was glad just to hear it. And also to be fair, James fucked up the lyrics to but he covers himself pretty well. That wasn't as bad as some Kirk solos I've heard though. I've heard him just absolutely butcher the solo for The Four Horsemen and I've also heard him nail it pretty well. My point being that he is not consistent at all. And if he forgets or loses the thread he is not skilled enough to improvise and make it work to his advantage.

Comment

• Look, ive somehow changed the world! LOL Its like a public service..i show young guys what they will look like at 55!
        Oh the humanity!

Comment

Working...
        X