Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush announces summer tour - time machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush announces summer tour - time machine!

To include - for the first time ever - Moving Pictures in its entirety.

Day. Made.

Ladies and gentlemen, you are not fired up over this, you got pretty poor tastes. There is no other explanation.

2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
    2011 GMW tele project
    2010 GMW strat project
    2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
    2006 Peavey HP Special black
    2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
    2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
    1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
    1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
    Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Comment

Pretty awesome. That album is only what, 40 minutes long? I guess they could really jam on the songs, but I wonder if they'll be doing other tunes on either side of the full album play.

Either way, I am so there.

Comment

Not a big Rush fan, but hearing Moving Pictures performed live in its entirety would be a very cool throwback show. I'm definitely interested.

Comment

They're playing a whole bunch of stuff besides Moving Pictures, and will supposedly include a "taste of the future", which I assume means a couple new songs--they are undecided, last I heard, as to whether they will go to the trouble of recording a new album.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              Pretty awesome. That album is only what, 40 minutes long? I guess they could really jam on the songs, but I wonder if they'll be doing other tunes on either side of the full album play.

Either way, I am so there.
              They usually play 3 hours these days, consisting of 2 1-1/2 hour sets with a 30-minute intermission. No opening band since at least 1996. So there's plenty of time for Moving Pictures and LOT of other stuff.

If I were gonna guess, I'd bet they start the SECOND set with Moving Pictures and then some new stuff, and then wrap up with a round of other classic stuff. Just a wild guess though.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

They are great live and my buddy is a die hard fan. I will probably be at this one.

Comment

Yes they are coming to Florida!!!!!!

Comment

I'm almost afraid to look.

I always seem to want to add the caveat that I used to HATE Rush
                    before I got "Farewell to Kings" free as part of one of those Columbia record club deals.
                    I developed...(Cygnus X1...Cygnus Music...the Cygnus Amps...etc.).
                    And so have they.

Also an abnormally big fan of old Pink Floyd.
                    But Rush has held together so well, much longer than any other rock band in history.
                    And they did it both by following their own quirky interests and serving the fans.

Their star rises yet again for me.

Comment

Yep, it will be a memorable show/tour.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Can't wait. My wife just bought two tickets to the August show in Columbus, OH.

The last time I saw Rush was in the early '90's on the "Roll the Bones" tour.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Man I was SO ready to go!!! Then I went and saw tix prices....ummmm no.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Comment

I'm taking all 4 of my kids to this tour. I've heard Neil doesn't want to tour into his 60's, and he's right there now so this is the one to see if you ever want to see them I think
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X