No announcement yet.

New Ozzy tune.....Let Me Hear You Scream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm ..Players like Gus and Alexi worship Jeff Loomis. Jeff turned down Dave..I wondered if he'd turn down Ozzy. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Then again..the coveted Ozzy axeman role would only boost his own status/efforts in time. Good for Chris B and Gus G..maybe some will look up their extensive back catalog..well worth investigating! I wonder if Glen Drover's and his brother's ongoing efforts in 'Deth will pay off with their nearly 20 year investment with Eidolon..it certainly should IMO!

Just thinkin'..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Heard the song for the first time today on the radio, turned it off before the end. Ozzy needs to retire already. I keep waiting for his wife to pimp him in a "The Ozzy Story -made for TV" bio pic of some kind....
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Gus was brought in basically last-minute to Ozzy's band and his preexisting plans for a year or two. His first job has been obviously to fit the existing mold, which he has done seamlessly, minus the overbearing pinch harmonics.

The idea was to get rid of Zakk and show him he could be instantly replaced. Mission accomplished.

I don't expect guys to be allowed to be himself in this band, and I think HIS goal is to increase his profile, to show he can step into the big leagues and hold his own - which is a no-brainer.

Gus' true payoff will probably be AFTER his stint with Ozzy, in the boost to his own name brand recognition. If Ozzy was smart enough to let him loose a little, it might make the last chapter of Ozzy interesting - but I'm not holding my breath, and I don't knock Gus for taking the 'safe' gig.

He deserves to be at least as well-known as Zakk Wylde, after all.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Hmmmm ..Players like Gus and Alexi worship Jeff Loomis. Jeff turned down Dave..I wondered if he'd turn down Ozzy. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Then again..the coveted Ozzy axeman role would only boost his own status/efforts in time. Good for Chris B and Gus G..maybe some will look up their extensive back catalog..well worth investigating! I wonder if Glen Drover's and his brother's ongoing efforts in 'Deth will pay off with their nearly 20 year investment with Eidolon..it certainly should IMO!

Just thinkin'..
          You heard that Glen played with Testament, maybe still doing so, while Alex was doing the TSO spring tour, right? If you can step in for Marty Friedman and Alex Skolnick, you are one certified badass mofo on the geetar!

Did you also hear about the Sanctuary reunion, Bill? New album and tour coming! Pretty fuggin' wild, huh? Maybe we'll get a Sanctuary/Nevermore tour! Lotta work for Warrel and Jeff, but damn! wouldn't that be the SHIT!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            Gus was brought in basically last-minute to Ozzy's band and his preexisting plans for a year or two. His first job has been obviously to fit the existing mold, which he has done seamlessly, minus the overbearing pinch harmonics.

The idea was to get rid of Zakk and show him he could be instantly replaced. Mission accomplished.

I don't expect guys to be allowed to be himself in this band, and I think HIS goal is to increase his profile, to show he can step into the big leagues and hold his own - which is a no-brainer.

Gus' true payoff will probably be AFTER his stint with Ozzy, in the boost to his own name brand recognition. If Ozzy was smart enough to let him loose a little, it might make the last chapter of Ozzy interesting - but I'm not holding my breath, and I don't knock Gus for taking the 'safe' gig.

He deserves to be at least as well-known as Zakk Wylde, after all.
            Rich, This would be the ultimate boost..fo sho!!

I'm sure Zakk will be somewhat humbled..they'll prolly remain friends tho and play together at Ozzfests..if that continues. I'm assuming this of course!! I don't think Zakk would want to burn that bridge...he didn't before.

No I didn't hear of a Sanctuary re-unioun. That would rule. Warrel kinda struggles hitting those notes these days. But that was 100% intentional. He'll probably suck on some helium to get back in shape. I can always punch him in the nards...for free..anything to help!!!

I know Forbidden is putting out something new..unfortunately without my freind Tim Calvert. I was hoping Tim was going to reunite w/ NM!!! I know they (Jeff/Neil Kernon) were talking..but he didn't want to disclose at that time. Tim was by far my favorite secondary NM guitarist!! That dude owns IMO!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              Did you also hear about the Sanctuary reunion, Bill? New album and tour coming! Pretty fuggin' wild, huh? Maybe we'll get a Sanctuary/Nevermore tour! Lotta work for Warrel and Jeff, but damn! wouldn't that be the SHIT!
              I think the two original guitar players will be there (Lenny Rutledge and Sean Blosl), not Jeff.
              Jeff was only in the band for a few months before they broke up.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would assume Jeff and Atilla would do the Sanctuary thing...Like an updated, modern version of it.

3/5 of Sanctuary evolved into Nevermore. Warrel, Jeff and Jim..you kind find old '92/'93 on YT!!

Comment

Nah, Denny has the rights to the name Sanctuary, so he's definitely involved. I was reading something about Warrel missing him and happy to be friends again. Jeff took Sean's place, so if Sean doesn't do it, I'm sure Jeff will.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X