Great guitar solos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great guitar solos.

I almost forgot just how good this solo is with this song outside of the song itself...just a buncha cool noodling...but with that song...it ROCKS!!!

Vivian Campell playing Last in Line from Dio...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Post some your favorites.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well of course, Numb" must be in there...top 10 imo..
      Gary Moore's the "loner"..
      Still of the night with Sykes...
      Heartbreak Blvd...
      Turn up the Radio... Autograph!

Comment

Zakk in "Mama I'm Comin Home".It"s not technical or anything,but his feel nails the feeling of the song.To me anyway........
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I'm going to be a little gauche and list something less than 20 years old.

Sadly, couldn't find any live footage of the original song. Even the original version of this video was edited to be radio friendly by cutting out half the solo , luckily someone on youtube put the entire song up.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Y2K new enough for ya? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16Ns_qaUCA
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The intro to Save Yourself by Michael Schenker has got to be one of the most kick ass solos ever laid down.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                +1000
                I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Derek Trucks slide solo starting at 2:40 makes me cry... what a feel, tone, touch, melody... what a talent!
                  The Yankees own Bernie Williams came out to do a song with the Brothers at the Beacon. Bernie Rules. The Allman Brothers Rule. Enjoy
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Schenker's solos on Rock Bottom & Lights Out from Strangers in the Night are pretty much perfect. Skolnick is probably my favorite soloist, if I have to pick one. Each one is like it's own song within the song, but it always fits perfectly. Here's the solo section from PWYP they did at Alcatraz:

Comment

Dreadful video, but a great song and a brilliant solo -
                      Mr Vito Bratta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrPJgnOXjy8
                      Last edited by Snoogans; 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

First post.. Weeeee... And to the point, both the solo and even more the outro..

Edit: Just realized that only for Jackson gear, sorry for disturbing the peace.
                        Let's see if I can find something with as much feeling with Jackson gear..
                        Last edited by Jury; 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM.
                        Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional

Comment

Tornado of Souls is probably the best metal solo I've ever heard (and damn I've heard alot).

http://bit.ly/newmusic12This morning I made the callThe one that ends it allHanging up, I wanted to cryBut dammit, this well's gone dryNot for the money, not...

One not alot of people may know about
                          I really like all the lead work throughout the song, its not difficult but the bends are fantastic and its very emotive guitarwork

"The Storm Still Rages Inside" is the eleventh track from the album Mabool by the death/oriental/folk metal band Orphaned Land, who hail from Israel. It is e...

And it may be a bit cheesy but I always really loved this one, at about 3:10 is when it starts but my favorite part is around the 5:15. Very epic build.

Comment

One from one of my guitar heros...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The solo in "Diary of a Madman" is just haunting...I've been intrigued with Randy's note choice on that one since I first heard it.
                              Jimi's version of AATWT has a solo that floors me to this day.
                              "Lay it Down" gets all kinds of dap for it's riff, but Warren's solo has some awesome phrasing.
                              Page's solo break in "Stairway" has to contend for best all time as well.

I'll think of 40 or so more as soon as I post this

Comment

Working...
                              X