Paul Raymond.......wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Raymond.......wtf?

Went to see UFO last night, great gig, as they always are, a good night out.

However, I can't figure out what is going on with Paul Raymond. He's obviously no spring chicken, has the face of a man of his sort of age, but he has the hair of a 20 yr old, it scares me and fascinates me at the same time. If it's a wig, he needs to set it free, if it's real......well, the mind boggles. How? It defies all logic.

In fact, as I watched him, and anyone who saw me must have thought I wanted his cock because I couldn't take my eyes off him, I became more and more confused.
    I mean, the man is undoubtably talented, having been partly responsible for some of the greatest rock tunes ever, and doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but fuck, he performs like he is having a fit.
    We all know that playing a guitar is like dancing - it's natural to move and sway with the music. But Mr Raymond seems to have no rhythm, Prof. Stephen Hawking has more groove. He jerks and twitches with no apparent connection to what he is playing. Or supposed to be playing, I swear I heard his guitar only twice, during Doctor Doctor and Shoot Shoot. Keyboards, no problem, nice and clear, but his guitar........well, he didn't even seem to be picking/strumming anywhere near in time.

Does he own the name UFO or something, and Phil Mogg lets him get on stage to keep on being a rock star in exchange for use of the band name?

It's bizarre, have any other UFO fans noticed this? It is most disturbing.......

You can see kind of what I mean here, I'm sure you can find more if you try:
    UFO Playing a rare live track of off their 1978 Obsession Album - Ain't No Baby

Oh, and Vinnie Moore was excellent.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

It could be that he plays left handed but his guitar is strung as right handed.

I saw a band recently where the lead guitarist had his guitar strung this way. Initially, the visual effect did not tie in with what I was hearing.

Comment

lefthandedness doesn't account for his complete lack of rhythm. Although, that would explain my mother's dancing....
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Like some women, some bands are best experienced with your eyes closed or in a dark room hehe.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Louie View Post
          It could be that he plays left handed but his guitar is strung as right handed.

I saw a band recently where the lead guitarist had his guitar strung this way. Initially, the visual effect did not tie in with what I was hearing.
          Was it Doyle Bramhall II? I think he plays with his guitar strung as a righty.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Doyle does. I know a guy that plays bass strung backwards. His brother was a lefty and he learned playing the brother's bass righty.

Comment

I don't think anyone noticed him until now because Way was too distracting...

Oddly enough, he's actually a really nice guy!
              Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
              X