No announcement yet.

New Maiden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new artwork is by melvyn grant, the same artist that did "fear of the dark". i think it's pretty cool. i really admire maiden for trying new things and not totally sticking to what the naysayers want. if they DID listen to what the naysayers said then the same naysayers would only say they are in it for the money and NOT writing anything new because they can't...so maiden does what they always did best - go out and do what THEY want to do.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I figured since I commented on this thread twice I should finally go and have a look/listen.

I didn't like the artwork on the website too much but I did like the downloaded comic book style art and how they made it look like a worn out album sleeve.

Musically, the song is not bad. Not the strongest or weakest Maiden track for me. I do find as he gets older Bruce sings less and does more of the Music Theater style singing where he's basically talking in key. 1st solo - great, kind of an eastern feel, with a little Warren D like phrases. (Adrian?) , 2nd solo - Sounded like Dave to me, but wow sounded a little lost. It started out okay but it was kind of a Hammett "Series of licks" solo. The last notes were just awkward, seemed like he was like "Oh shit this is my last bar, I gotta get out!" The last solo was a little spazzy, just repeated bends and tremolo picked trills. I'm hoping that was Janik.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        I`m hoping that was Janik.
        :ROTF:
        www.vendetta-theband.com
        www.atomhawk.com

Comment

From the guitar tones alone, I think you're right on the solos...Adrian then Dave then Janick

Comment

that's too easy, Adrian can play, Dave is average, Janny does an amazing anti-climax
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

For such a long song, the solo section seemed pretty short.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                that's too easy, Adrian can play, Dave is average, Janny does an amazing anti-climax

summed it up right there

I was never a huge Dave fan, but I have found myself really enjoying his playing on the last few albums. And Adrian has torn it up with some of the most memorable solos from the moment he came into the band. He was finding his way within the band on Killers and he was still killing

Janick's playing reminds me of my own. Frenetic, out of control, trying to play faster than he can with little thought to execution, what he is doing or how it adds to the song.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

the thing that has always killed me about janick is, if you listen to "tattooed millionaire", he plays rather tastefully. his work in ian gillan's band was rather tasteful and the things he played on fish's solo album were pretty good. it's just when he joined iron maiden he turned into a flailing speed freak that plays like a 13 year old wanna-be shredder. his solos are rarely memorable in anyway, shape, or form....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                    You can download the song El Dorado from Maiden's new album here

Pretty good stuff!!
                    this is one of the worst maiden songs i've ever heard!

they lost it completely. if the rest of the album is like that, i'm sad tosay that this will be the first maiden album i wont buy. it's utter crap!
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

It's all over youtube if you don't wanna register: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coBzy-tPdws
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm :think:

Certainly not a good representative for a new album

Also sounds like Bruce's voice went down the drain (hell at some parts he sounds like Lemmy Killmister)
                        Not his technique, or key, just his character
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I gotta agree with Nightbat and Davey. This track just sounds like a mish-mash of unused ideas from the cutting room floor. Much as i love 'em, i have to admit i havent really gotten into anything they've done since BNW....

Comment

Working...
                          X