Joey Belladonna back in Anthrax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Belladonna back in Anthrax?

I thought John Bush was in. Is Joey only back for the Big Four Tour?

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

According to BNR: "...And didn't we all see this coming? Joey Belladonna is back in the band as of May 2010, set to re-record vocals for the new album as well as tour."

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can you call a band a revolving door when it's the same 2 people leaving and coming back repeatedly?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Damn...I actually prefer John.

Comment

I started listening to Anthrax around 1985, so for me, Joey is the voice that fits them best.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            According to BNR: "...And didn't we all see this coming? Joey Belladonna is back in the band as of May 2010, set to re-record vocals for the new album as well as tour."

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v2/search.php?name=anthrax
            Damn. I heard they were supposed to re-record Dan's vocals with John, but I guess not. I always liked Joey but preferred John.

Comment

Anthrax = joke
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. I was excited that John was back and doing shows with them, but that didn't last long. Not so sure I really care about Joey any more.

Comment

I was a big fan of Anthrax back in the '80s with Joey but when I heard Greater of Two Evils I actually think I now prefer John. I think he has a more raw sound that actually brings out the aggression of the songs better. It's a shame what they did to him after all those good years he had with them.

Comment

It was cool seeing them when Joey and Dan Spitz rejoined the band a few years ago. I think I saw em in early 2006. It was like stepping back into 1987 with all the old songs they played. The only thing ruining it was the god-awful PRSs Dan played! The last time I saw em before that was just after John joined, and Dan was still in the band. I overall prefer John's voice, but Spreading and Among are great with Joey. I remember being impressed with how well John could sing Joey's songs without changing the key. I didn't know his voice could go that high!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                    X