Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine when her fingers get twice as long !! :-))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow i am amazed at all the ignorance and racy comments about a kid and her country. nice going guys. I guess Jack Thammarat the last Guitar Idol 2009 winner won it on his 'technicality' only, and won it at gun point?
    Last edited by kalapoka; 08-10-2010, 03:49 AM.
    Ashique M. Fahim
    Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
    www.myspace.com/amfahim
    www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
    www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

BTW Ashique, I ignore all your posts because of your stupidly huge & narcissistic signature line!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kalapoka View Post
        wow i am amazed at all the ignorance and racy comments about a kid and her country. nice going guys. I guess Jack Thammarat the last Guitar Idol 2009 winner won it on his 'technicality' only, and won it at gun point?
        With regard to the previous comments being indicative of "ignorance" and "racy" (I'm assuming that you meant "racist"), Jack Thammarat is from Thailand, which is a kingdom with a democratically elected government (although with the recent coup, I'm not sure what the current status is) as opposed to North Korea, which is ruled by a dictator.

I would venture to say that your lumping of all Asians together shows more "racist" tendencies than those of the other members. Either that, or you are "ignorant" of how different countries in the far east are run.

For the record, I live in Asia, my dad is from an Asian country, my wife is Asian, and I took absolutely NO OFFENSE at any of the comments posted in this thread... until I read yours
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

All I know is with this thread title I wouldn't have even looked in here if Rsmacker was the original poster.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I thought she was pretty damned good. I am not inclined to try to learn what she played... but in all honesty, I am not sure that I could learn it. I am ok with that. I thought there was some emotion in the music.. I guess that is subective to the listener... surely the older she gets and the more she plays, the more emotion she will be able to put in her music.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Come on, my friend! North Korea is a dictatorship ruled by a madman, if he were a European or South American or North American ruler, that country would get the same kind of press. That's not racism, it's the recognition that people ruled by a madman lead an even more precarious life than the rest of us.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                Come on, my friend! North Korea is a dictatorship ruled by a madman, if he were a European or South American or North American ruler, that country would get the same kind of press. That's not racism, it's the recognition that people ruled by a madman lead an even more precarious life than the rest of us.
                I get that man, but no point in slamming a kid just bcuz she comes from a dictatorship. Lots can be said about any paradigm, be it democracy or communism or marxism. none is without its evil. So what she's a bit robotic? She's just a kid doing a tough piece, who's to say she won't do her originals in the future?
                Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                  With regard to the previous comments being indicative of "ignorance" and "racy" (I'm assuming that you meant "racist"), Jack Thammarat is from Thailand, which is a kingdom with a democratically elected government (although with the recent coup, I'm not sure what the current status is) as opposed to North Korea, which is ruled by a dictator.

I would venture to say that your lumping of all Asians together shows more "racist" tendencies than those of the other members. Either that, or you are "ignorant" of how different countries in the far east are run.

For the record, I live in Asia, my dad is from an Asian country, my wife is Asian, and I took absolutely NO OFFENSE at any of the comments posted in this thread... until I read yours
                  I guess you are right cuz I did clump all asians together, but I was refering to the post by 6string up there who did mention 'all asian kids'. that's tough to swallow. The Thammarat connection came from there.
                  Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    BTW Ashique, I ignore all your posts because of your stupidly huge & narcissistic signature line!
                    Sorry if it offends you, just trying to spread my music around the dense indie music web. Apologies, but I guess i gotta do what I have to.
                    Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Now it looks worse! Har
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I get that man, but no point in slamming a kid just bcuz she comes from a dictatorship. Lots can be said about any paradigm, be it democracy or communism or marxism. none is without its evil. So what she's a bit robotic? She's just a kid doing a tough piece, who's to say she won't do her originals in the future?
                        I agree and I defended her in my earlier post. I think you would find a lot of rock-backgrounded players who would criticize the lack of feel in ANY classical player though. Classical music is more about accuracy of play than interpretation anyway; completely different approach than rock and metal players. It's the same thing they do criticizing Yngwie or Vai. I am happy for the girl, she is carving herself a niche away from the misery of most of her fellow citizens. I hope she gets a chance to expand her horizons but I'm not gonna critique her when she can play fingerstyle classical music far better than I can or ever will. I admire that ability, and at the same time I feel for those who can play lie that, but have taskmasters who make them feel worthless because SOMEONE is even more facile.

I think we are more on the same page than different ones here. You are seeing the comments as anti-Asian, because you are Asian too. It's more anti-dictatorship, and maybe people equate the robotic style they see with the national background. I think it's more to the nature of the genre, and of course a dictator demanding that you keep up to international standards IS a lot of pressure.

A lot to think about, but I try to just appreciate the girl's ability and hope to see her get even better over time.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Now it looks worse! Har
                          Dang!!! how did that happen! lolllllll got totally messed up...
                          Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            I agree and I defended her in my earlier post. I think you would find a lot of rock-backgrounded players who would criticize the lack of feel in ANY classical player though. Classical music is more about accuracy of play than interpretation anyway; completely different approach than rock and metal players. It's the same thing they do criticizing Yngwie or Vai. I am happy for the girl, she is carving herself a niche away from the misery of most of her fellow citizens. I hope she gets a chance to expand her horizons but I'm not gonna critique her when she can play fingerstyle classical music far better than I can or ever will. I admire that ability, and at the same time I feel for those who can play lie that, but have taskmasters who make them feel worthless because SOMEONE is even more facile.

I think we are more on the same page than different ones here. You are seeing the comments as anti-Asian, because you are Asian too. It's more anti-dictatorship, and maybe people equate the robotic style they see with the national background. I think it's more to the nature of the genre, and of course a dictator demanding that you keep up to international standards IS a lot of pressure.

A lot to think about, but I try to just appreciate the girl's ability and hope to see her get even better over time.
                            I fully agree. Classical music IS about accuracy and thus sometimes I find it soul-less too.
                            Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

***hrm... look at this kid! 8 years old and smoking my old ass***

:queue generic "no feeling" response:

***self-esteem restored***

Whew... that was a close one!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                ***hrm... look at this kid! 8 years old and smoking my old ass***

:queue generic "no feeling" response:

***self-esteem restored***

Whew... that was a close one!
                                Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X