John 5 Playing a Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John 5 Playing a Jackson

Nothing earth shattering, but saw John 5 playing what looks like a Jackson Demmelition V in parts of this Zombie video...Mars Needs Women.

Course, he has his tele styles going too.

The OFFICIAL VIDEO for the NEW Rob Zombie single "Mars Needs Women" from the new album "Hellbilly Deluxe 2". See Rob Zombie on the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Tou...

He's such a cool player.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

He played the Jackson on the Kimmel Show when Zombie played this song.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
      He played the Jackson on the Kimmel Show when Zombie played this song.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

gee, what a BORING song.....ughhhh
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately there aren't any better ones on that cd. bleh
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Wow that guitar solo was great. Holding the toy gun up to the guitar... Hardly his best playing.

Comment

I don't get why John5 plays in bands like this...he's gotta be bored out of his mind playing this shit. :dunno: He has so much talent...I guess it pays the bills for all those vintage teles he keeps buying!

Comment

Well, you have to remember he was used to playing with MM and that wasn't challenging music really either. So what band like that give him is a chance to do the gonzo theater stage shows that very few acts can afford to put on. If he wants to stretch musically he can bang out another solo album. It's not like he's touring with Rhianna or anything...
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I dunno, sloggy power chords and toy gun guitar solos vs. funk rhythm... I'd probably have to go with Rhianna. :dunno:

Comment

John's awesome! He used to be a session/studio player and will play with anybody. I also saw him play a Rhoads besides the Demmelition.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Zombie song structure doesn't showcase his talents by any means, but the spotlight solo he did on the Zombie tour I saw 1-2 years ago was phenomenal. Blew away Zakk's solo when Ozzy played afterwards.

John was a huge KISS fan so I'm sure he loves the Zombie gig with all the shit Rob is into on stage.

Cool to see him showing off some Jacksons though given how many friggin' guitars the guy has.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

John's solo was amazing a couple weeks ago when I went to the Mayhem Festival. Rob even got him to smash one of his guitars after a lot of encouragement!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And a nicer guy there never was! He talked with me at NAMM last year for about 8 minutes... didnt know me from squat,
                          but still was genuinely happy to answer my questions! Cool dude. Check out his version of "Welcome to the Jungle"..where
                          he does Axles voice notes over the chord progressions! Too cool!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by Robert Burns; 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X