Rockstar Uproar Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockstar Uproar Festival

So, the wife and I caught the Uproar tour last night in Scranton. My wife had some patients to tend to in the AM, so we didn't catch Hellyeah or anyone else on the 2nd stage, but did see all of the main stage acts.

Central PA's own Halestorm kicked off the main stage and sounded really good. They did a cool drum solo thing...the whole band played trash cans along with the drummer. Oh, and the drummer played part of his solo with about 3-foot long drum sticks. He was like Animal from the Muppets!

I was very much looking forward to seeing Stone Sour, but they were a big disappointment. Musically they weren't too bad, but Corey's vocals were terrible. Their soundman needs to be fired. Josh Rand is a phenomenal player, but he doesn't have much stage presence (and he looks like a younger Satch). He and Jim Root both played some killer shreddy leads throughout. I wonder how FMIC feels about Jim Root playing Gibson V's for more of the show than his signature Fenders though????? :think:

Avenged Sevenfold was awesome! Their stage presence, set, pyro, everything was killer. M Shadows vocals sounded great. The guitar harmonies were spot on and Syn nailed every solo. Portnoy was a beast...he was roasting marshmallows on his drumsticks with the pyro.

Disturbed sounded really good...probably the clearest sound of the evening. Dave's vocals sound a bit different now since overcoming issues with his throat, etc. I have to say, Dan Donegan has grown on me over time. His playing has seemed to get better each album. He's playing a lot more lead stuff as time goes on and his tone was pretty cool.

I saw the 1st date of the Tour in Minneapolis. Ax7 and Disturbed were outstanding. I also enjoyed Hell Yeah and Airbourne. Airboune was AC/DC like but harder and faster. I would recommend checking the tour out If you like Ax7 or Disturbed.

Mwal
    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
    RR1 Black
    RR1 Blue ghost flames
    Stealth EX
    Hamer Studio
    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I'm going to the Atlanta show this Saturday, 9/04/2010. Halestorm are a great band, they've been doing that drum solo thing for years. Lzzy actually sliced her hand open a few years ago on one of the drums. I looking forward to seeing Stone Sour and Disturbed. The others, not so much.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I went last night to the PNC Arts Center here in Jersey... got there late and saw the end of Halestorm. Well, not actually late... just sat in the parking lot and drank for awhile. :ROTF: Stone Sour put on a real good set, Corey's voice sounded great.
        I'm not really much of a fan of A7X, but my GF loves them, so I surprised her with the tickets. They were actually awesome and put on a great show, and Mike Portnoy playing drums was a highlight for me.
        Disturbed were really good, too, but I left halfway through so I could get home early enough since I had to get up early for work today, not to mention the fact that we saw Exodus and Malevolent Creation on Saturday in NYC, so A7X and Disturbed just didn't have exactly the same appeal to me.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good to know they got Corey's vox fixed! Literally, the only things I could make out was when he talked in between songs. It was really bad.

Comment

Yeah, they sounded really great. My gf didn't want to see them, said they suck, but changed her mind after hearing him, said what a great voice he has and how clear everything was.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X