Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude from Weezer playing a Char. USA SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude from Weezer playing a Char. USA SoCal?

So I am up late last night and Carson Daly is on with the sound muted and I see the band weezer playing and one of their gtar players is playing what looks like a Charvel USA SoCal. Granted watching this band makes me wonder how every band I was ever in didnt go platinum but, that aside give it a viewing and see if it isnt a SoCal.
    Last edited by Tedmac; 10-08-2010, 09:14 AM.
    Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
    Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
    Gretsch G6128T-TVP
    Gibson LP Traditional
    Gibson J-185 EC
    Hagstrom XL5
    Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
    Walden T550 EC

Rivers Cuomo (the singer) has also played a few Charvels through the years, was even in a hair band in the late '80s/early '90s. The guy can shred his ass off if he wants to, and he's even taken lessons from Jim Matheos of Fates Warning.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow I didnt know that. It would be nice to see him put out a heavy solo or something. I was working on my notebook comp when I looked up at the TV and saw that SoCal. I grabbed the remote and put up the vol. It did have some nice tone.
      Gretsch G6128T-TVP
      Gibson LP Traditional
      Gibson J-185 EC
      Hagstrom XL5
      Walden T550 EC

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really into Weezer either, but they've got some catchy tunes. I remember reading about some cool riffs and solos on their one album called Maladroit some years back, and I read some interview with them in Guitar World.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah - Maladroit is a kick ass album. Rivers was at GIT or MIT or Berklee or one of those Guitar shredder schools. I generally like all of their stuff.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Alright well I'll have to re-evaluate my opinion of weezer.
            Gretsch G6128T-TVP
            Gibson LP Traditional
            Gibson J-185 EC
            Hagstrom XL5
            Walden T550 EC

Comment

On a related subject, I thought this was funny.

The latest News,/news,,news, breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at MusicRadar

Comment

I read somewhere that he was in an Yngwie tribute band at one time, also a metallica tribute band. Go figure ....
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Yeah, Rivers was a shredder that decided to forgo his shred dreams to take the path of writing catchy song after catchy song, and riff after riff after riff. I guess one never knows what would makes someone give up his shred ideals that were taking him nowhere to follow his heart and write really goods songs that he believed in. Then again, he gave all that up when he became super successful to go to, what, Harvard....you can't figure out everyone...lol. Granted, he came eventually came back. Moral of the story is...the dude is quirky. He actually tried and if you believe it figured out the formula to writing catchy tunes. He put together like book that he has...lol. I dig him. He is a unique guy. Their first disc is amazing and was produced by Ric Ocasek. Maladroit also very good. The Green album...Pinkerton...really good too. Great tones and playing.

Comment

He had quite an interesting upbringing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_Cuomo
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I actually like Weezer. Some of their stuff lyrically is whiny teen angst rock but still, very catchy riffs, good playing, very listenable. It's not awful half-out-of-tune guitars like a lot of punk/grunge stuff but it's also not overly-technical.

In other words, the song comes first and the technical barrage of in-your-face guitar playing comes... Never.

But that's OK, there are still some catchy tunes and you'll catch yourself humming along if you're not careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X