Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dio as a singer.
    Ozzy as a persona.

To me I works like this. I can only listen to Ozzy until No Rest for the Wicked. I can listen to Dio's whole catalog. It has hits and misses, but it's more consistent.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      Dio as a singer.
      Ozzy as a caricature.
      Fixed!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

70's- Ozzy wins over Dio
        80's and onwards- Dio wins over Ozzy

Holy Diver album makes Dio win the total. To me that is the defining 80's metal album together with Piece Of Mind and Master of Puppets. Ozzy was never in that game even. But with Sabbath he was the fucking master of the universe.

Best guitarist...I really dig what Craig Goldy did on Dream Evil...

Rythm...Appice/Bain

Coolest guitar...Randy Rhoads

Best band...Black Sabbath!!!

Comment

ehhh, they both are corny and created too many of the doofy cliches that are still stuck with metal today.

dio was a great singer, but i feel that his solo material is spotty. i am not a fan of his. now, when he was in rainbow? hell yeah, there was good stuff there. i guess i just don't feel that dio tranisitioned well into the 1980s.

ozzy??? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! what a joke!!!!!! "prince of darkness"?!?!? more like "king of dumbasses".

guh....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X