• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cacophony jason becker marty friedman

this thread really doesnt have a point

i havent seen any threads about the awsome band cacophony

what do you guys think of the band:think:

Thank god they quit and made solo albums, that is all.

Comment

Speed Metal Symphony was amazing, really groundbreaking work by those two issued by an iconic music label (Shrapnel) in the 80s metal/shred business. I still play that CD time to time.

I never got into the second album they did.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

"awesome band" i dunno, have you heard the crap they sing about "THE NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!""!"!!"!" but awesome players
        http://www.youtube.com/dvschsa

sigpic

Comment

What equipment did they use back in those days?

Comment

carvin amps and guitars
            for the first record they used hurrican guitars

Comment

I was morbidly obsessed with Cacophony and the solo work of Jason Becker and Marty Friedman for YEARS. I learned practically every Cacophony song at one point. The music they wrote is on another level, but the production was terrible on Speed Metal Symphony. Before Jason Beckers website had a complete remodel it was really hard to find information on the Cacophony stuff, but I hunted for it night and day. A few members on this board even got to see Cacophony play some shows, play at NAMM, etc..
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Jacksons Shred, Do you have the live video of them in LA? There's a show they did for GIT i think it was their first show actually.
                I also have that show from Japan on VHS somewhere packed away from the 90's where the camera cuts away to the drummer or something every damn time they play a solo. But the one in LA is ok, you would want that as a fan for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                  A few members on this board even got to see Cacophony play some shows, play at NAMM, etc..
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
                  X