VH is in the studio with Roth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH is in the studio with Roth

Yes, recording a new album. Let's discuss...

- EVH and DLR seem to be on reasonable terms.
    - Saw pics and vid of EVH at NAMM, and he seemed to look good.
    - Rumor is that, since he got remarried, he has his personal life back in good standing.
    - John Shanks is producing the record.

All that said, it's Roth and VH, so it's probably only a matter of time before the wheels fall off. Hopefully, the record is done before that happens. And, hopefully, there's some good music recorded. Waaay too bad Mike Anthony isn't doing bass/vocals.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but pretty much with no basis for being so.

What?

No Mike Anthony?

Awww...

Comment

Nope. It's Wolfie again. In the studio this time.

MA is off recording the 2nd Chickenfoot record with Satch and Hagar.

Comment

Who?!? Oh, that band that put out their last album in 1998? I didn't know anyone actually gave a shit about them any more.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I probably shouldn't. But apparently I still do.

Comment

:ROTF: I'd rather hear new VH with Sammy than Dave.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know if the passion for music is there anymore with Ed. Seems like it's just a means to enable a comfortable lifestyle.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Maybe true. I hope not. But maybe.

Comment

I'd figure EVH would have a plenty comfortable enough lifestyle if he never touched a guitar again

I think the passion for music is probably still there, but whether he still has the ability to create music that anyone else wants to listen to (more than once) is anyone's guess...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Couldn't care less.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

The combination of EVH and DLR is magic. I am seriously stoked to hear that they're in the studio. Michael Anthony is cool, but I have no problem with them having someone else on bass.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                        The combination of EVH and DLR is magic. I am seriously stoked to hear that they're in the studio. Michael Anthony is cool, but I have no problem with them having someone else on bass.
                        Let's explore this... You take D + EV + L... Hmm... Then the remainder is HR... So, EVH + DLR = DEVL HR = DEVIL HAIR!

OH MY GOD!

Anyway, that reminds me, I need a haircut.

Comment

It would be nice to hear the old fire paired with the old tones on some new music. Whether that's possible, that's the question, in my opinion.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            - John Shanks is producing the record.
                            so in other words it will be a turd... sad.

in this case I actually agree that they should record with Sammy, perfect recipe for housewife-oriented-rock,
                            Last edited by Endrik; 01-30-2011, 08:10 AM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

We'll see what happens. Could be cool, could be dull. I wish Mike was there but not so much that I would dismiss the band with Wolfgang. I do think VH would be more exciting if Wolfgang was playing guitar and keyboards alternating with his dad, and with Mike Anthony on bass. That could be pretty cool since Junior CAN play guitar and sing pretty well. I assume he can also play keyboards though I haven't seen that, but Ed said so years ago when he was saying Wolfie can play all instruments well. So I am cautiously optimistic, but not gonna be heartbroken no matter what comes out.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X