Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the Vault at London's Hard Rock Cafe

Hey all,

I was recently in London and had a chance to visit the Hard Rock Cafe. The London Hard Rock is the original and I learned that the rock memorabilia began when Clapton, who was a frequent patron of the bar, brought in one of his guitars' to decorate the place. A short while later, Townshend, who also frequented the bar, brought in a guitar with a note saying "mine will look at least as good as his".

Across the street from the Cafe is the Hard Rock Gift Shop which is built upon an old refurbished bank. During construction, they kept the original bank vault and now this is where they store some of Rock & Rolls' most incredible artifacts.

They will provide a tour upon request. I really enjoyed the tour and thought I would share some pics'.

Hope you enjoy. Most of these photos will not require tags...

One of Jimmy Page's Les Pauls...

The guys at the Hard Rock were super cool and let me take a photo holding a guitar from John Frusciante.

And One of Steve's Jems...
    Last edited by Radiohead; 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM.

very cool of you to share these pics, thanks.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

+1. Very cool indeed.

Comment

WOW...Awesome.Thanks for sharing
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Incredible!! really enjoyed that ..I love going into Hard rock cafes and wandering round..drives my wife nuts when I see something cool and have a nerd out!

Comment

Happy to share! Here are a few more photos from inside the actual restaurant.

I thought this was cool: One of Bonham's Kits

Comment

Happy to share! Here are a few more photos from inside the actual restaurant.

The 2 guitars that started all the memorabilia:

I thought this was cool: One of Bonham's Kits

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the view inside. Are all theses instruments donated to the place?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Very cool! Check out the skinny Page custom. What were those skinny ones called? Featherweights?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

i'll take the Hendrix V thank you.

Comment

i went there with my school back in 05 i think went to the basement aswell some awsum guitars in that place and the food

Comment

what's up with tat pete townshend les paul? that would fetch some serious bread.
                        triple humbuckers too, do you think that is original or not?

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          triple humbuckers too, do you think that is original or not?
                          I'm betting its not. Gibson didn't really do one-offs for artists - so it was probably a modified 70's Deluxe or Std. But anything's possible.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. If only those guitar could talk.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              I'm betting its not. Gibson didn't really do one-offs for artists - so it was probably a modified 70's Deluxe or Std. But anything's possible.
                              yeah, the pickup rings don't even line up, so as far as 3 pickup pauls,
                              i've seen ace frehley, pete townshend, and peter frampton with one.
                              anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                              X