Inside the Vault at London's Hard Rock Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    so as far as 3 pickup pauls, i've seen ace frehley, pete townshend, and peter frampton with one. anyone else?
    Well, Townshend played Deluxe's in the 70's with a humbucker added in the middle, too - so I'd say his were mostly modified.

Ace & Frampton both had Les Paul Customs which were available with the 3 pickup option. Not sure about the years they were available, I had assumed they were 70's Customs... but maybe Frampton's was a 57-59?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

i read a long time ago in an article with Ace that he had over 150 pauls in his possession.
      of course he sold them all, man that has to hurt, especially since there were a bunch of
      old ones. lots of coin down the drain, what a shame. wonder what hurts more, what they are worth today, or the pain of losing your axes.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        but maybe Frampton's was a 57-59?
        Frampton's was actually a `54 that was redone with fresh paint and fitted with the three pickups at the Gibson factory.
        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
          Frampton's was actually a `54 that was redone with fresh paint and fitted with the three pickups at the Gibson factory.
          that's the one on the Frampton Comes Alive cover?
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yep - and then it was what? Stolen? Destroyed in a fire? Destroyed in a plane crash? One of those. I don't think it was stolen.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              of course he sold them all, man that has to hurt, especially since there were a bunch of
              old ones. lots of coin down the drain, what a shame. wonder what hurts more, what they are worth today, or the pain of losing your axes.
              I prefer Joe Perry pawning his good Les Pauls for smack.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Framton's Les Paul, the original one that is on the cover of Frampton Comes Alive, apparently was "lost" in a plane crash or so the story goes.
                You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Working...
                X