Enuff Z'nuff -Derek Frigo - WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enuff Z'nuff -Derek Frigo - WOW

I'm SO late getting into this band, but I've recently been buying some Enuff Z'nuff cd's,,,,,I somehow passed these guys over when I was younger. What great, great songs,,,and Derek's guitar playing gives me chills. Not really a shredder, but just hits the perfect notes and pinch harmonics at all the right times. So sad he passed away so young the way he did.

A friend & I have been on an 80's metal kick since Xmas. We've been downloading and surprising each other with our finds. Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about these guys.

I thought they were from Chicago, but I had to use Google because that's how we 2nd guess our memories these days. Sure enuff, they were Chicago area. I remember going to Chicago in the late 80's early 90's thinking I'd maybe get to stumble upon a band like Enuff, Smashing Pumpkins, or Ministry playing some bar. Nope. Closest I got was about 5 years ago at HOB getting to see Cracker and Cowboy Mouth.

Comment

Any good songs to check out in particular, dudes? From Enuff or from anyone you've got a kick out of lately? I love 80s rock...... :¬D
      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Derek is AMAZING but I hate Z'Nuff!!!

Check out his first band LEMANS if you want to hear him really play!!!

US Metal from Concord, California. From 1983 "On The Streets"From a time the name of Mike Varney had the metallic sound of roaring hellhounds- later he got ...

Remember this was recorded in '82!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Chip is still in Chicago, he has a studio up there. I was never really into them, seemed like more of a "hair metal" band than what I was into at the time, but I might give them a listen.

Comment

Enuff Z'Nuff live in Milwaukee 1993A nice guitar solo by my personnal guitar hero Derek Frigo topped off with the song "Long Way To Go" from the album Streng...

Incredible player.

Their best album was "Strength" from 1991 (IMHO)

Derek was restrained in Z'Nuff, but you could hear him start to rip as all the songs fade out

here's some other stuff of him

Out Of Ideas

Comment

Finger on the Trigger was one of my favorite tunes back in the day. Very tasty Frigo tune indeed.

Comment

Thanks for the links guys. I like the guy, he sure can play. I checked this out too:

Enuff Z'Nuff perform Superstitious on Letterman from their third studio album 'Animals with Human Intelligence'

Enuff on Letterman. What a cool dude Derek seemed like, onstage.
                http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Enuff is so much more than a hair metal band! They wrote some killer power pop songs, and they've got a wicked sense of melody. Listen to the chorus' in "I could never be without you" or "New Thing". They've got a Cheap Trick/Beatles vibe to them that I love.

Comment

I am glad you discovered Derek. As most already said, he was very underrated in the scene. He looked cool, played the coolest looking guitars, had great tone, had great chops/tricks. He was pretty much who my friends wanted to be like back in the day. A personal favorite of mine has always been "In The Groove." Here is a live performance from 1993.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                    X