KK leaves preist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK leaves preist

Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing has stunned fans by quitting the band after 42 years - just weeks before they...

wow, i can't believe KK downing quit judas priest right before the farewell tour. i thought mike learn was painting a guitar for him....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Bummer! There has got to be more to that story...
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

You'd think his heart would be in doing the last tour for the fans, I wonder if maybe the body is not. These dudes are no longer spry youngsters hehe.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Must have been a difficult decision for him..
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

??????

they anounce a farewell tour (get to see them whilst you can)... then a few weeks later say there's more material coming??

then ken downing leaves the band just before a final world tour (that dates are being added to as we speak)??

priest say the replacement guitarist (richy faulkner) has blended in well with the band (how long has he been with the band to blend in??) so when did kk tender his resignation and how long have priest been selling tickes for a farewell tour knowing the band is 80% complete??

something smells fishy (and it ain't the fish).
          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

For me, with him leaving, their farewell tour has already occurred. I don't want to see a replacement player in Priest on their farewell tour. Priest was not Priest without Rob, and it won't be Priest without KK. Priest shows rank pretty high on my list of favorites.

I know it must have pained him to do it, but must have had to what was best for him.
            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

kk is as much Priest as any of them, would pain me to see someone else doing the guitar god moves with Glenn
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                For me, with him leaving, their farewell tour has already occurred. I don't want to see a replacement player in Priest on their farewell tour. Priest was not Priest without Rob, and it won't be Priest without KK.
                +1,000,000

Very sad that he's decided to leave. Are you sure its not end of April fools day or something? :think:
                Sam

Comment

Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance tour was my first ever concert. Also the only time I've seen them live. Glad I got the chance to see them at the top of their game.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I guess he must be making a shitload of money from those Harry Potter books!

Comment

Fucking great marketing ploy...

I already had !3! tickets to different shows to see them for the last time ever.

Comment

KK & Glenn, its just not Priest without those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
                          ??????

they anounce a farewell tour (get to see them whilst you can)... then a few weeks later say there's more material coming??

then ken downing leaves the band just before a final world tour (that dates are being added to as we speak)??

priest say the replacement guitarist (richy faulkner) has blended in well with the band (how long has he been with the band to blend in??) so when did kk tender his resignation and how long have priest been selling tickes for a farewell tour knowing the band is 80% complete??

something smells fishy (and it ain't the fish).
                          Rob confirmed K.K.'s reasons for leaving the band and in the process said that he quit before Christmas. Yes, they kept it under wraps to sell more tickets.

Hey, your fellow guitarist starts banging the female manager, and you start getting edged out of the band you founded, why should you stick around and be humiliated into the dust? I think he was justified to quit. he shouldn't have kept quiet to help them sell more tickets, but maybe he felt he owed them that much. Or maybe Jayne Andrews threatened to sue him if he fucked up ticket sales by announcing right away.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            Rob confirmed K.K.'s reasons for leaving the band and in the process said that he quit before Christmas. Yes, they kept it under wraps to sell more tickets.

Hey, your fellow guitarist starts banging the female manager, and you start getting edged out of the band you founded, why should you stick around and be humiliated into the dust? I think he was justified to quit. he shouldn't have kept quiet to help them sell more tickets, but maybe he felt he owed them that much. Or maybe Jayne Andrews threatened to sue him if he fucked up ticket sales by announcing right away.
                            Links to all this please?
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...l-tour_1214146

wow, i can't believe KK downing quit judas priest right before the farewell tour. i thought mike learn was painting a guitar for him....
                              You got it. I finished this up about 2 weeks before the announcement was made. Bummer.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X