Mustaines tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaines tone?

Ok, so I know that word around the campfire is, people love to hate Daves tone. I see/hear it everywhere I go.

Well I just finished listening to Peace Sells, been a month or so, but it is in moderate rotation in my domain, as it's also my favorite MegaDave album.

Dude, the tone is fucking KILLER!!!

3:57 into The Conjuring is one of the best, heaviest sounds I've ever heard.

Your thoughts?
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Never had issue with Daves tone.........Kirk on the other hand....

Comment

His early tone was as smooth and relaxing as a cheese grater to the taint, but it worked well in the mix.

Comment

JB loaded Jackson into a Marshall.

Comment

Forgive me for being so vague, I wasn't asking how to achieve his tone, I can google that (believe it or not). I was simply asking what people here thought of his tone.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

His 80's tone was ok, sounded like a driven JCM, nothing special IMHO. I loved the direction he took on countdown, leading into youthanasia and cryptic writings, those albums sounded great, especially the latter, really modern and thick. Since then with the comeback and all, his tone just sounds lifeless and muddy to me. I'm surprised that Andy Sneap put a tone like that on a record, but I guess you don't argue with the boss when the boss is Mustaine.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stSFG-A
              you do realise that JVM's didn't exist in '86 yeah?

Comment

I have always loved his tone, and feel it evolved the same way the production evolved on those records. From Killing to So Far to Peace Sells the production was almost an afterthought. Once Rust, Countdown, Youth etc... you could hear more and more how much production became important. Now some could argue almost too important. And I might agree, but the tone was always there. Of course just my humble opinion.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                X