So simple and such great tones too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So simple and such great tones too

Goes to show that you don't always need to overplay and over think a riff or even a song.

I personally love his tones and shimmering chorus too!

Official Music Video for Your Decision performed by Alice In Chains.#AliceInChains #YourDecision

good song
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Jerry Cantrell has more talent in his left nut than more than half the new bands out today!!!
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Great tune.

The great Randy Staub mixed it and as I understand very little EQ'ing was done to the guitars.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I dig it also.

Comment

BAD-ASS....this band just keeps getting better and better.

I truly believe Staley would approve.

RIP Layne
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Jerry has so much class... AIC one the best ever... period.
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

That is a totally great song. I agree, the guitar work and tones are just perfect. Makes me jealous.

Comment

Just read that they are in the studio recording the follow up now. Jerry had some shoulder surgery and some recovery time, said he never expected it to be three years between records. Hopefully that means we'll hear it this year.

Comment

I love Jerry and the rest of the guys, but I was honestly a little disappointed to see them carry on with the Alice in Chains namesake. To me, Layne was such an integral part of the band that carrying on without him seems wrong. Plus, "Black Gives Way to Blue" was honestly mastered so loud that it hurt my ears (it was on a "Death Magnetic" level).

That aside, I love Jerry's playing. I regularly blast the Music Bank collection in my car and at home, along with their Unplugged performance and demos. It's also amusing that he's one of the few guitarists out there who prefers Kahler over Floyd Rose.

Comment

He plays all the right notes and he seems to me to be a perfectionist in his playing. Everything is deliberate and intentional and really perfect.
                      His guitar solo's and guitar fills are so good that its literally impossible to come up with anything that could possibly sound better.

Comment

Working...
                      X