Back to the future ,,,,1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the future ,,,,1985

I really hesitate to post this but my daughter (now 17!) sent me on a TRIP down memory lane earlier today....It is what it is!!

I hope SOMEBODY out there likes it!

1985 was a great year for me. I joined Predator a Southern California band that was the brainchild of Singer/Guitarist Jeff Prentice (That's him on the cover of Easy Prey) All of the material was written and ready to record when I joined...it was Jeff's project.

We were quickly signed by Brian Slagel's fledgling Metal Blade Records and just like that I was flung into a world totally different from what I was used to...WOW!!! An amazing time and lots of fun!!!

Let me know what you think! I can post other tracks if you like this one...

MEtal Blade Promo shot for the release of Easy Prey (It's signed by the band, an in-store Tower Records promo. Courtesy of my friend Mark E. .thanks man!!)
    Left to right: Mike Mc Guinn, Kurt Dudley, Jeff Prentice, Keith 'Mad Max' Hansen

At our rehearsal space in Vernon California. Early '85

Me & Jeff onstage at our first show at 'The Timbers' Club March 7, 1985 in Glendora CA, just 3 blocks from the Charvel/Jackson Facilty!! Many C/J employees (friends) in the audience that night.

I will admit, I was COMPLETELY thunderstruck by the material...wayyyy ahead of it's time. Indeed it was Jeff who turned me on to Anthrax...I had never heard of them. He also opened my eyes fully to the extended reaches of guitar playing. I had NEVER even attempted stuff like this before and it was MINDBLOWING to learn!!! It forced me to the very limits of my ability...by sheer necessity!!!

Check out Hawkmistress an GUITAR-MA-GEDDON instrumental from Easy Prey...I think it holds up today...even if the 1985 production does not.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Bitchin' !

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
    At our rehearsal space in Vernon California. Early '85
    Francisco Studios on District? I know it well....
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The flat ass on that chick is pure 80's!!!

Do you still have that RR and the girl?
      Last edited by Nimitz; 01-16-2012, 03:49 AM.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

YESSIR!! The one on District.

But back then it wasn't called Francisco Studios....We were one of the first 5 bands to move in, it was brand new and owned by a family that lived in the bottom floor....the two huge buildings were old & run down and barely 20 spaces were finished when we moved in.

A friend on Facebook just sent me this pic, I had never seen it before today!!! I think it is the Santa Monica Civic...circa 1987

The internet is truly amazing....

*Edited for a typo!*
        Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 01-16-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Two more songs from 'Easy Prey'. Remember this is 1985!

Comment

Cool story. Marked for when I'm back from the office tonite!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

cool story bro!

Comment

Working...
              X