• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the shirt. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Great story!!

It felt like my soul left my body and I was looking down at myself in that semi-circle..in the presence of the Paul Gilbert.
      Ha ha, you in a semi-circle with some other guys.....I thought you were going in a different direction with that one, like if Orianthi was in the middle.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Awesome, thanks for writing this up.

Comment

+1 Larz! How did you know she was there???

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
            Thanks Sully! Everytime I would ask Paul a question, I could have said, "Paul if I'm playing this on my SULLY guitar..."
            I'd love to see Pauls face when one of his VIP students pulls that off in a lesson...

These VIP lessons always sound great when people talk about them. I'm curious to take one myself, but I don't feel advanced enough to really take advantage of an instructor like that.
            But thanks for sharing! Must have been an amazing experience!
            I doubt I'd even be able to talk with PG nearby, but playing guitar?! wow...

This sounds awesome as well:
            Paul Gilbert's Great Guitar Escape | 4 Days and Nights of Non-Stop Guitar and Rock N Roll

But it costs a fortune and is pretty much as far away from me as it gets, but other than that I'd totally go there.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I think the VIP lesson is good for all skill levels. The during the jamming part you're playing for a few seconds at a time. You can't possibly play anything that really showcases you during that time. It's designed to get you thinking differently. Then when you ask questions he really focuses on helping you solve your challenge.

The Guitar Escape does sound cool. Skolnick and Broderick just did one in December. They'll probably do another. I'm seriously considering the summer one, but it is a lot of cash. But then again it's a chance to learn from the greats...

Comment

Did he give any tips on wicked sweep arpeggios?
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Didn't give tips on them. Just did them with an entirely clean tone, with precision. when we were jamming. Bastard! That guy can play anything, any style. So I ate his brain afterwards.

Comment

What I want to know is how to sweep with my ass.

Comment

Ass sweeping is a dirty business. You need heavy gauge strings and have to pick gently

Comment

Working...
                      X