• Time
  • Show
Clear All

was the moon spooge staged or real???
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      was the moon spooge staged or real???
      It was both! The real footage was never leaked to the public. ALL the Moon footage we've ever seen, actually happened on Mars. These are facts!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

leaked.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
          leaked.
          exactly.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

To hell with wiki-pedia. We got Billz-ipedia.

Totally agree with you on the Phil C. opinion, but his fiddles are so sweeeeet.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              That's true,

In 1955, Hollywood used Cosmic Goo as The Blob. So in effort not to scare anyone, NASA coined the 1969 Apollo Mission- Operation: Moon Spooge. These are facts!
              I'm sorry, that effort failed then.

I snuck downstairs to watch Creature Features back when I was like 6 or 7 years old and watched The Blob with the sound low and my face planted in front of the screen in a large, creepy dark room at what felt like midnight.

Three years later, most of the checking behind doors, in toilets, sinks and bathtub drains had subsided. Mostly.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry to side-track, but I just remembered about this upcoming movie about Space-Nazis called "Iron Sky". It comes out soon. Check out the trailer here:

Energia's next film: Star Wreck - Soviets in the 23rd century - more info http://www.starwreck.comATTENTION: New official youtube channel for Iron Sky: http...

Space Nazis! Who would've thunk it?!?!

OK, carry-on with the Phil-bashing...

Comment

So wrong, lol...

Comment

I'm with you, BillZ. While Phil C's solos on Pyromania were decent, anything from Def Lep after that is crap. And his "shredding" attempts on TMS were awful!! I was cringing.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I think the idea of Phil may be better than the actual Phil.

meaning that, as mentioned in a previous post, his solos on Pyro (because yes, Willis and Clark had already laid the basic tracks) made me want to buy a Ibby DT555... and I hadn't even started playing yet! lol! I was ok with his work on Hysteria.

but once Clark passed, DL hasn't been the same band for my taste. part of RetroActive work and parts of Adrenalize work, mainly because of Clark's touch. but everything that has been totally without Clark's presence leaves me bored. even at that, Phil's tone on Adrenalize just didn't have the same thing going for it as the DL guitar sound from the previous albums (I think he did all the parts through a Rockman?... or something like that).

that being said, I don't think he 'sucks'. he's doing what he enjoys doing for a living and that's more than a lot of people manage to do. I'm not jumping up to see DL every time they come to town, but that's a reflection on the band more than him. they seem to be having fun at what they're doing, so that's fine. if I had the chance to meet him, I'd go it. he seems like a nice enough guy.... would like to get my PC1 signed... maybe ask some questions about some of the songs from the 80s (when Steve Clark was there)... but... I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

if he is the type of nice guy that the previous poster mentioned, then that's a good thing. I've had the chance to meet some of the guys that were my guitar heroes when I was first starting to play. some are alright guys. a few are flaming a-holes. the few jerks can really be a bummer. nice cats like Phil are the types that can be just the positive experience a new guitar player needs to really encourage them to keep on playing. and that's cool.

so who cares if his tone or his technique aren't at the top of our list. it seems as if he's been able to be a part of influencing more people to play guitar. good for him.

Comment

If only Pete Willis wasn't a violent drunk.....

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                          If only Pete Willis wasn't a violent drunk.....
                          He should have hooked up with Dave Mustaine...
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw Metal Evolution NWOBHM episode the other day and Joe Elliot was on there talking about how he and the band made a conscious decision to get away from the other NWOBHM bands because he felt that music had a limited audience. I believe he made some comment about England just being a little island and needing to make it in America if you were going to be big.

So not sure Phil deserves credit/disdain for the change in band direction. Sounded like at the very least they were all on board and frankly to hear Elliot tell it he (Joe) was the one who was adamant that they not be metal.
                            Last edited by Vass; 03-06-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

On their unplugged thing where the audience can ask them questions, one person asked why they don't really do any of their older stuff anymore? Joe said it was like a staged rocket. They stuff got them off the ground but they didn't need it anymore.

Comment

I will say that most players have flubbed it on That Metal Show because they aren't allowed to play their own songs. The show is too fucking cheap to pay the copyright fees! Phil, with his shitty generic shred lick, actually sounded better than Warren DeMartini with his super-basic pentatonic blues licks. Even Alex Skolnick sounded bad. The best players improvising were John 5 and Tony MacAlpine, IMO. The rest kinda sucked without their own material to draw on.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X