Ratt 2012 M3 festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Y&T is gonna play over here in a couple of weeks. I hope they haven't suffered the same fate.
    This is a couple years old now but in 2010 at least they could still rip... Dave still hits all the notes vocally, but the sustain is off a little. But tough song to play and sing at the same time, so still much respect...

Edit*

Here's a recent performance. This was one of my favorite Y&T songs.

Last edited by Hellbat; 05-19-2012, 10:14 AM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was disappointed by virtually the entire M3 show. Some of these guys should have hung it up a long time ago. Loudness was a highlight, and I just had to turn it off at Ratt. That was hard to watch.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      Y&T is gonna play over here in a couple of weeks. I hope they haven't suffered the same fate.
      I've gone to see Y&T 4 times recently that they've played here in NorCal (2008/09/10/11), and they have held up probably the best out of any of the bands from this era. Prior to this I hadn't seen them since '85. I wasn't expecting much in '08, and was blown away at how great they still sounded. Dave Meniketti still has the voice, although he's admitted he's had to drop down one step. And on guitar, he smokes...period. Unfortunately Phil passed away, so Dave is the only remaining original member, but it was always his band anyway!

Unbelievable how underrated this band is...
      Without question, go see them!!!
      Last edited by BayRocker; 05-19-2012, 10:54 AM.
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Pearcy never really could sing, so I'm not surprised his voice sounds like shit now. There wasn't much on this year's M3 bill that interested me. Last year I went for Whitesnake, but was seriously surprised by how good Lita Ford's set was.

Comment

Pearcy looks and sounds like shit...an Tan skeleton, without vocal chords...

Comment

I seen them at rocklahoma a few years ago and i loved it. Was better then that. Pearcy wasnt great, not half as good as he was but he wasnt as bad as don dokken last time i saw them
            Last edited by TKEblue; 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Maybe they could hire Geoff Tate - I think Tate could handle that half-octave Pearcy range still. Plus, he's got the Pearcy eye-liner thing going on now. Nahhh, Tate's just too serious and WEIRD now.

Comment

Now????!!?!

Comment

Working...
                X