No announcement yet.

Testament - Powerslave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read at the greek metal hammer during an interview with eric peterson that the new guy at drums is really incredible.....even eric did things with the drum machine that are really impossible to happen with the one hand -as he said- and gene not only played them ,but improved them too

Comment

If you see him drum live, you'll never forget it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I did see Gene playing with Testament back in November with Anthrax and Death Angel, and it was awesome. John Tempesta was at other shows before that, but Gene happened to be on that one date.
        I guess Gene is permanent now since Paul Bostaph got injured and has another project.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Was?? One album I don't mind listening to again and again is 'Time does not Heal'. Killer! One of the best metal albums of all times!! :HeadBang:
          I still listen to Leave Scars and Time Does Not Hea; every once in awhile... but I have them on cassette. I really should get them on CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
            Been a Testament fan since I was 14 (I'm 34 now ).
            I've been a fan of them since I was like 14... and I'm 40 now!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I still listen to Leave Scars and Time Does Not Hea; every once in awhile... but I have them on cassette. I really should get them on CD.
              CD?? MP3 is the new "thing". Actually even MP3 is old. Everything's on the "cloud" now. All you need is a smartphone and access to the cloud and you can listen to the voice of the Gods.
              Sam

Comment

I don't own a smartphone. LOL I do actually have an iPod someone gave me last year, but I hardly use it.

Comment

toe, i am with you - the CD is still the way for me as well. the terminators will not ass-rape me because of my reliance on "i" products!!!!!!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The terminators will not ass-rape me, either! I still enjoy cassettes (at least the ones that aren't warped yet), as well as the occasional vinyl LP. I like the fact that some bands are still putting stuff out on vinyl and will buy certain ones every once in awhile.

Comment

Gene played with Death, I think that tells you everything you need to know about how legendary a drummer the guy is.

I'm not really digging this cover though, I don't think bands should even attempt to cover Maiden, it's pointless, no one can make a Maiden song sound better than it already is. It's not like the old days when Motorhead did "Louie Louie" or Maiden did "Cross Eyed Mary" and made them heavier and even better. You just can't make a heavy song like "Powerslave" heavier and have it sound better than the original, it just doesn't work.
                      And the solos here are a real disappointment they're less technically impressive than the originals and if you're going to take a cover and make it even more metal you better at least make the solos extremely impressive.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I am liking it. What really grabbed me is the Animal Magnetism cover.

Really heavy....
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Alex in the studio for this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=r57gUjDe3jU#!

Comment

Working...
                          X