No announcement yet.

Fake Marshal stacks on stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJD's Dragon was real. It wasn't very convincing but I'm sure it was real ... it had to be ... didn't it?

Comment

At least Spinal Tap's Stonehenge was the real thing...

Comment

SPOILER ALERT...SPOILER ALERT...SPOILER ALERT
        This was another shocker that I just found out recently.
        The STAR WARS films are in fact NOT documentaries, but works of fiction written by some guy named George Lucas. Again I say, WTF???
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

That picture would make a great ad for Engl, though!

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
            I've heard it's Immortal.
            That is definitely Abbath from Immortal. I initially saw this picture posted on their Facebook.

Anyone know what fest this is from though? For some reason I'm thinking this backline is the work of the festival organizers and not necessarily Immortal.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
              Even more stupid than a fake wall of stacks is Yngwies REAL wall of Marshall heads.
              Only two man made objects can be seen from space. The Great Wall of China, and Yngwie Malmsteen's wall of Marshalls.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                Even more stupid than a fake wall of stacks is Yngwies REAL wall of Marshall heads.
                I was about to post the same thing. I saw him several years ago at sunset station hear in san antonio. Had 8 full marshall stacks . Every one of them on and being used as confirmed by the soundman ( an aquaintence of ours ). He was having to almost run the pa into the red just to hear eveything over the guitar.
                My Toys:
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                '94 Dinky HX in Black
                '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                  Only two man made objects can be seen from space. The Great Wall of China, and Yngwie Malmsteen's wall of Marshalls.
                  As bill says, these are facts!

I think Lou's list of shag is also visible from spce
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                    That is the way it should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MM

Comment

sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

And that's The Majesty Of Rock!
                        The fantasy of Roll!
                        The ticking of the clock,
                        The wailing of the soul!
                        The prisoner in the dock,
                        The digger in the hole,
                        We're in this together...and ever...

Comment

Not surprised by this really. It's cheaper to mike in a head or two into the system than buy then transport along several stacks; especially if you're a band like Immortal where the tour bus consists of mom's Peugeot econo-car. Plus you can hit the sweet spot on the amp without making half the people in the arena deaf from the wall of sound of all that wattage while still projecting it loud enough through the system.

Still, it looks stupid. Do people actually go to Marshall and say "hey we're not gonna buy your stacks and are using ENGL heads but can we have permission to use your name, amp likeness, and emblem to pretend like we do?"
                          Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                            Still, it looks stupid. Do people actually go to Marshall and say "hey we're not gonna buy your stacks and are using ENGL heads but can we have permission to use your name, amp likeness, and emblem to pretend like we do?"
                            Permission? More likely, it's the other way around. A friend of mine told me his band had been told at a show that they couldn't put any amps or cabs on stage that didn't have Marshall on them. Marshall was sponsoring the show... and why exactly would Marshall be opposed to free advertising anyway even it wasn't the case?

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                              Permission? More likely, it's the other way around. A friend of mine told me his band had been told at a show that they couldn't put any amps or cabs on stage that didn't have Marshall on them. Marshall was sponsoring the show... and why exactly would Marshall be opposed to free advertising anyway even it wasn't the case?
                              exactly.

Play Engls?! Fuck no! Not after hearing how brutal Abbath's wall of Marshalls sounded.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                                THAT is what I am talking about!!!! . ALL other back lines pale in comparison to Nigel's. Yngwie is envious
                                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                                X