Crossroads guitar ... Vai/Jackson !!!!! History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Being a San Dimas Charvel with a Jackson headstock logo I'll bet it never had a trem cover plate.
    Some of the last SD Charvels had Jackson logos I had Charvel 5490 and it had a Jackson logo.
    That may be a replacement neck on it now because I remember on the old Charvel Central site there was a pic close up form the movie and the black tape covering the logo was just big enough to cover a Charvel logo.
    It was obviously one piece of tape it would take more tape to cover that huge Jackson logo.
    I wish I had saved that pic.damn!
    The story I read, (albeit on the internet), was that it was a Jackson logo covered with tape. The reason being that they feared getting their asses sued at the time by Michael Jackson... Something about inferring that Jackson had an association with the devil. hahaha only in America aye?

Now, that`s just some shit I read on the internet and am repeating it here!

Comment

The biggest shaft went to Arlen Roth who 'taught' Ralphie boy how to fake play the geetar. He absolutely got no credits in the movie. Even Vai commented about that. The Tele close ups at times are him playing I believe as are some of the slide parts, others Ry Cooder.
      Around that time movies would do stuff like put black duct tape over the Marshall logos on 4X12" cabs when they obviously are Marshall's!
      Yeah Micheal Jackson absolutely had no connection with the occult reads his disclaimer in 'Thriller'.
      Who knows what he had a connection with, but he obviously was a brilliant performer, ect.
      The eighties were heavily product referenced in films, yet the Carvin logo is displayed in Vai's amp.
      I think they (the movie) just didn't want to pay any money to Jackson, who could have used it back then.
      Even the Yngwie's The Duck or "Play Loud" Strat replica was a major cop out by FMIC as they didn't want to use the Donald Duck logo on the headstock or the Ferrari logo on the back.
      Disney and even more so Ferrari are so lawyered up you wouldn't believe it.
      Only Mattel could afford to be 'officially' licensed to produce sh**ty Ferrari models. Ferrari North America have EVH beat in law suiting anybody remotely using their images.
      But I digress. Definitely the victim was poor Arlen who later had his wife and teenage daughter die in a drunk driver related car crash tragic.
      Ry Cooder get's the credit in the film, but Arlen Roth was a huge part in the movie.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kanengiser played a lot of the classical parts

Emerald
      Last edited by Emerald; 09-29-2012, 06:51 PM.
      http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
      http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
      http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
      http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

oops wrong thread...move along nothing to see here!
        Last edited by Gartron; 09-30-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Some of the last SD Charvels had Jackson logos
          I know this is arguing semantics, but... every time this comes up people say that.

Some of the last SD Jacksons had Charvel plates. SD Charvel collectors don't like hearing this, it offends their snobbery.

Fact: When moving from SD to Ontario, the Charvel line had become import only.

Assumption: All remaining Charvel plates got put on anything leaving the shop, otherwise they would be wasted if they threw them in the garbage.

Why would they say "hey, lets put Jackson logos on our Charvels before the move"? It's possible they ran out of Charvel logos. It's more likely they didn't want the Charvel plates to go to waste. Logos are probably much cheaper than the plates. So why waste so many neck plates?

It's altogether possible they ran out of Charvel logos. It's more likely they just wanted to get rid of parts they wouldn't be able to use after the move.

The truth is we really don't know.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
            The biggest shaft went to Arlen Roth who 'taught' Ralphie boy how to fake play the geetar. He absolutely got no credits in the movie.
            ...an even bigger shaft than that was the dude who did the voice of Darth Vader, then Luke takes off his daddies helmet and it`s a fucken white guy? WTF? C`mon man!

We all know that Darth Vader is King Jolly Jaffa right?

So what were we talking about again?

Comment

You mean James Earl Jones isn't white? I guess David Prowse isn't really 6ft 2in tall then.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                You mean James Earl Jones isn't white? I guess David Prowse isn't really 6ft 2in tall then.
                He was 6'6" back in the 70s...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  He was 6'6" back in the 70s...
                  Yeah, but platforms went out of style

Comment

Working...
                  X