Crossroads guitar ... Vai/Jackson !!!!! History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossroads guitar ... Vai/Jackson !!!!! History

Tomorrow I'll be posting many pics of this Iconic JC lore, it's encased in glass.... BUT, if there's anything in particular y'all waant pics of?Like the hardware or movie damage or anything let me knows. Tomorrow morning I will photo it to the best of my ability, I usually just stand there slack jawed looking at it, thinking of just how cool the history of this piece is:

So, if there's any details you'd like to see photo'd for JCF pleasure let me know. I'll upload several from different angles and everything
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Is it still in that glass/ plexi-glass case it was in at I think Planet Hollywood? I found some pics of it a few years ago online and was amazed at how it was broken so badly. I can't wait to see your photos. Schweet!!!!
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

All the pics you can I would love a pic of the neck plate.For historic reference.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

SWEET! WAITING!
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

+1 on the neckplate and also some fretboard wear shots...hell in fact anything would be welcome!!

That is my holy grail guitar!

could you can get some shots of the back to see what if any damage happened when it was dropped in the movie?

Comment

Where is the guitar? Hard rock cafe??
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
              Where is the guitar? Hard rock cafe??
              Yup, Biloxi MS....

I took several phone shots, tomorrow I'll upload them to photobucket and drop them in here. It was impossible to get around to the back of the guitar, but did try hanging over the balcony and stretching out to attempt getting a clear pic of the neck plate(I'll see how well that worked come tomorrow).

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
              +1 on the neckplate and also some fretboard wear shots...hell in fact anything would be welcome!!

That is my holy grail guitar!

could you can get some shots of the back to see what if any damage happened when it was dropped in the movie?
              It's trashed will post tomorrow, not a lot of fretboard wear - but, it's filthy - or maybe covered in MOJO.
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                Yup, Biloxi MS....

I took several phone shots, tomorrow I'll upload them to photobucket and drop them in here. It was impossible to get around to the back of the guitar, but did try hanging over the balcony and stretching out to attempt getting a clear pic of the neck plate(I'll see how well that worked come tomorrow).

It's trashed will post tomorrow, not a lot of fretboard wear - but, it's filthy - or maybe covered in MOJO.
                Can't wait !!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing these pics too. I remember seeing a thread about this guitar not too long ago, but it had mostly screenshots from the movie. I like the look of the maple board on the pointy, you don't see that too often. Might as well post a link to the duel video, right? It's great quality but everything is backwards

edit: page 3 has photos from the HR http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/488...ght=crossroads
                  Last edited by Sharkfin; 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The story was that the body cracked when it drops it at the end of the scene...
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very cool.

I still have Crossroads on VHS tape, even though I don't have a VCR hooked up anywhere in the house...

Comment

I think there is one of these red model guitars with a maple neck in pretty good shape at a pawn shop near work for $475.00. While it doesn't have this mojo, it would be cool to have. Not sure of the specs though. Will check on pickups and bridge tomorrow. Also will get some pics and serial to see where this one lands in the list.
                        Stay tuned

Comment

Jack butler is gonna like you
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

That version posted above is awesome. Now I know how to say "Bet can't play none either" in spanish.

Aunque para tocar no lo nesecitas.

I'm gonna go to Mexico and stir up some trouble at open mic nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              That version posted above is awesome. Now I know how to say "Bet can't play none either" in spanish.

Aunque para tocar no lo nesecitas.

I'm gonna go to Mexico and stir up some trouble at open mic nights.
                              LOL! Have a great time Ward!

Comment

Working...
                              X