Crossroads guitar ... Vai/Jackson !!!!! History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
    I don't think the director could have convinced Yngwie to "lose" the battle.
    No doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
      i don't think the director could have convinced yngwie to "lose" the battle.
      tru dat.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Kind of strange, in the new Metal Hammer there is an interview where Vai talks about the duel:

"How did it feel to be out-shredded by the Karate Kid in the 1986 movie Crossroads?"

Vai:"I kicked his ass later ha ha! When you're an actor you gotta do whatever the script says, it's so different to being a musician. I just felt so ridiculous faking things, but I was able to pull it off I guess. It's funny because I hadn't seen the footage in ages and I'm working on it now because we wanna play it on the next tour. So I had to go back and watch the duel, and I was like, 'Oh my god who is that guy?' It was so weird and intense you know? And there's this one scene my leg starts going crazy... my wife calls it the 'dick shit' dance ha ha!"

It would be cool to see him re-create it live. I hope Macchio has kept his chops up

Comment

That duel is funny. For me, as a musician, it was more impressive when Jack Butler echoed much of the classical part back correctly after hearing it one time. Eugene played it perfectly, but obviously had spent a lot of time rehearsing it ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            That duel is funny. For me, as a musician, it was more impressive when Jack Butler echoed much of the classical part back correctly after hearing it one time. Eugene played it perfectly, but obviously had spent a lot of time rehearsing it ahead of time.
            Thats the part that grabbed me as well. He saw the dude playing Paganini once and almost copped it perfect. I would sell my soul to be that 'bad' haha. I was also struck how the last note that the Karate Kid played was somehow harmonized/overdubbed. The baby Jesus was clearly on his side. No wonder Jack couldn't pull it off.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I wonder what happened to poor ol jack butler after the duel? Did scratch put him washing dishes in that dive bar for eternity? Inquiring minds want to know

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                I really hope they took appropriate measures before Isaac moved in. I just saw pics of the Biloxi Hard Rock being flooded from the rain

That shouldn't be necessary, from the street level it's at least 20' in the air!
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Just thought I would post this here for kicks. It's alot for a recreation but I want one. With the correct Paf's though. Killer thread Jayster!
                  Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                    What COLOR is the guitar?? Is it Candy Red or Ferarri Red???
                    Definitely candy red sparkle, here's a pic I saved from an old thread on this guitar. (I'd credit the original photo-taker, but can't remember who it was. Sorry! LOL) You can clearly see the sparkle finish in the paint.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    That may be a replacement neck on it now because I remember on the old Charvel Central site there was a pic close up form the movie and the black tape covering the logo was just big enough to cover a Charvel logo. It was obviously one piece of tape it would take more tape to cover that huge Jackson logo. I wish I had saved that pic.damn!
                    Pretty sure that is the original neck. I mean look at the wear on that maple 'board! And the body was clearly toast after the floor-dropping scene, so it likely wasn't getting much more wear after the movie shoot. LOL

And, oh yeah, pretty sure it was the other way around about the Jackson vs. Charvel logo. I remember that thread, too. I too originally thought it was a Charvel logo, but recall the screen grab photos proved that to be incorrect. In one of the pics (wish I saved it too!), you could clearly see the Jackson logo hidden underneath. And then we were all shocked to see another screen grab showing the Charvel neckplate.

Thanks for the pics! Love this guitar. In fact, it recently served as partial-inspiration for a recently-placed custom shop order of mine.

Comment

I want a replica.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                        http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...dy-Red-Sparkle
                        Just thought I would post this here for kicks. It's alot for a recreation but I want one. With the correct Paf's though. Killer thread Jayster!
                        It's a long weekend, and I've had some beers & buds, but I think that links to this thread.

If not, I'm more buzzed than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          I want a replica.
                          Like this?

Comment

I can only imagine what a custom shop order would cost. It started out as a link to the Music Zoo, then all of a sudden it was a link to this page. I have so much trouble with stuff like that.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yes the link is to this thread. And I still want a replica

Comment

You guys didn't notice the wrong tuners on a Jackson logo'd neck with the "Made in USA" under the "Jackson" ? Those are newer style tuners, not the 90 degree angle tuners that should be on that neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X