Favorite Scorpions/Ozzy(Solo) Lead Guitarist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

En Trance
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Randy and Uli hands down. I really dig Ultimate Sin and pretty much all other Scorps albums as well. No Rest For the Wicked is also a great album in its own right, but I find the rest of Zakk's career to be pretty uninspiring.

Comment

Zakk didn't get screwed. Ozzy albums were turning into BLS albums, the only way to tell them apart was one of them had a singer on key.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Matthias and Jake for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Zakk didn't get screwed. Ozzy albums were turning into BLS albums, the only way to tell them apart was one of them had a singer on key.

You know what, I can see where you are coming from but Zakk stayed with Ozzy longer than anyone....I just think he was due better and that new album sure as fuck is not better than what Zakk brought to the table. The singer on key thing is only due to pro tools...........I love Ozzy but if it was not for the technology age he would have been done with several years ago........MM

Comment

I'm pretty sure Ozzy wasn't the one Hellbat was referring to being in key.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                I'm pretty sure Ozzy wasn't the one Hellbat was referring to being in key.
                Correct. That dude has been a studio singer since the 70's. My favorite Ozzy clips are those After Hours spots with Randy where you can see him getting super pissed off when he can't hit his high notes.

Zakk is a passable singer for a dude that only has an octave or so of range and he can pull off his vocals live.

Randy is Ozzy's all around best player, even Zakk would say so. I like Jake as a player but his best stuff came in Badlands where he was totally in his comfort zone.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Correct. That dude has been a studio singer since the 70's. My favorite Ozzy clips are those After Hours spots with Randy where you can see him getting super pissed off when he can't hit his high notes.

Zakk is a passable singer for a dude that only has an octave or so of range and he can pull off his vocals live.

Randy is Ozzy's all around best player, even Zakk would say so. I like Jake as a player but his best stuff came in Badlands where he was totally in his comfort zone.
                  Oh, my bad......sorry
                  ....Yeah Randy is the best I just through up Jake for arguments sake.............

Comment

Working...
                  X