I'm pissed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pissed!!!

Well, as most of you guys know I am a huge Malmsteen fan but I am really pissed about this new album he has come out with. I mean he does not even have a singer for the album, he is doing it himself, I mean he is not a horrible singer but what kind of shit is that? His voice is for sure not suited for hard rock or heavy metal. I hate to say it but this may very well be the first album that I do not buy of his. This really sucks ass!!! I had been looking forward to his new album

Won't be able to decide until I hear it. I actually like a couple of the songs he sings on previous albums.

Comment

Also checked out his site. He's now offering guitar lessons (access to private videos produced by him). Looks like $50-$100 a month. Sounds high, but I am sure lessons these days add up to more than that per month.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
        Also checked out his site. He's now offering guitar lessons (access to private videos produced by him). Looks like $50-$100 a month. Sounds high, but I am sure lessons these days add up to more than that per month.
        I saw that too, I thought would cool to learn from Malmsteen himself, but I've seen some of his teaching videos and he's a horrible teacher! He said I'm going to play a phyrgian F# arpeggio in the key of A with a couple of descending runs, a couple tap runs, inverted triads, yadda yadda yadda (I don't know much music theory :think He plays really fast and bad assed than he says, "Well, thats how you do it. Any questions?".

That was his style of teaching... So I don't know...
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          Won't be able to decide until I hear it. I actually like a couple of the songs he sings on previous albums.
          Yeah, Like I said his voice is not horrible but pretty much vocally only good for blusey stuff not harder rock or metal......You can hear clips of all the songs on his website....I am just disappointed because it was about time for him to do another really heavy album...he usually does a couple of hard rock albums and then comes back with a really heavy follow up. Everybody has their limitations, even Yngwie.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
            I saw that too, I thought would cool to learn from Malmsteen himself, but I've seen some of his teaching videos and he's a horrible teacher! He said I'm going to play a phyrgian F# arpeggio in the key of A with a couple of descending runs, a couple tap runs, inverted triads, yadda yadda yadda (I don't know much music theory :think He plays really fast and bad assed than he says, "Well, thats how you do it. Any questions?".

That was his style of teaching... So I don't know...
            "so thats how it goes slow...........now in normal speed....." exercise lasted 12.4 seconds

Comment

Whoo!...I'm a big YJM fan too. He made me want to skip school and learn to shred. I'm going to get the new shit ASAP. I hope it’s not as bad as you are suggesting! Shit, I didn’t even know that he ever considered singing.....my only comment is, his music has never really been about the vocals....I hope it doesn't suck.

As a side note. He IS the king of shred. but hes a HORRIBLE teacher......
              Last edited by dvscool; 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM.
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Almost as many effects on his guitar as on his vocals. Whats next, autotune. Not his best album.

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                  Shit, I didn’t even know that he ever considered singing.....
                  I saw him live in '94 and '95 and he sang a couple bluesy rock tunes. He was decent.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok well, I got the new CD, and listened to about ½ of it and unfortunately, It’s not very good at all. I mean, it’s NOT good at all. So far I’m very disappointed. Not just because of the vocals, (which are way over produced) but his playing is lacking. Sure, it’s still Yngwie but it’s really stale. So far, there are no “moments” where I’m going “FUKING RIGHT DUDE SHRED SOME!!” It’s just not there. I’m hoping it will grow on me. I will listen to the CD and give it a chance, but so far. It’s a fail for me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                      Ok well, I got the new CD, and listened to about ½ of it and unfortunately, It’s not very good at all. I mean, it’s NOT good at all. So far I’m very disappointed. Not just because of the vocals, (which are way over produced) but his playing is lacking. Sure, it’s still Yngwie but it’s really stale. So far, there are no “moments” where I’m going “FUKING RIGHT DUDE SHRED SOME!!” It’s just not there. I’m hoping it will grow on me. I will listen to the CD and give it a chance, but so far. It’s a fail for me personally.
                      Well, I have always been a fan of his music but I really like the heavier stuff and I knew that it would not be possible with his voice. I also listened to the clips on his web site...I am sure there are some decent solos on the record but it comes a point where you just should not try and do everything yourself....probably why it seems so stale as you put it...he totally isolated himself from any outside opinions or contributions by doing everything himself.

Comment

He's been treading water since at least the Eclipse album (other than his orchestral thing, of course). And that was a long time ago. Guess he finally found a singer he couldn't fire.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                          He's been treading water since at least the Eclipse album (other than his orchestral thing, of course). And that was a long time ago. Guess he finally found a singer he couldn't fire.
                          I never thought of it that way that is funny as hell!!!!

Comment

It just goes to show you, it doesn’t matter how good you can shred. It doesn’t necessarily translate to good music. YJM can shred. Oh Yes, he can shred, make no mistake. And I have learned many-a-lick from YJM....But I ask you:

WHAT has he done for me lately?!! Mothafucka….

Comment

I was a huge Malmsteen fan back in the beginning, Steeler, Alcatrazz and his first few solo albums...Last saw him live in '85 when he was still relevant. I've got all his albums including Spellbound now, but only really listen to Rising Force, Marching Out, and Trilogy. After that, it seems like the same album, and same licks regurgitated over and over again. Every time a new album is released, I'm expecting a little something different, and every time....NOT!!

As far as Spellbound goes...Mr. Malmsteen's vocal stylings leave a lot to be desired. On a positive note, there are only vocals on 3 of the 13 tracks....thank god!!
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                              X