Hanneman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanneman

Hey everyone, I know I don't visit this page very often but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the passing of Jeff Hanneman here. After all, he is the reason that my first electric guitar was a Jackson. I've reposted this from my Facebook account:

I can't believe Jeff Hanneman is gone. I remember the first time I heard Angel of Death and the Reign In Blood album. Never had I heard a band that spoke to my teenage aggression and raging testosterone so well. I spent many days in high school scribbling Slayer lyrics on my schoolwork and many nights learning his riffs on a beat up old classical guitar. It would be nearly impossible to find a guitar player who has had a greater influence on me personally as a guitarist.

The single greatest concert I have been to was Slayer live at the Shrine Exposition Center in January 1995. I have never, before or since, seen a band and a crowd react with so much(violent) energy. That night Slayer and the old-school LA Slayer fans put any South American metal fanatics to shame.

Needless to say it was a dream come true for me to join Slayer on tour working for Anthrax on the Big 4 dates and also on the Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax tour that followed. I watched them live every night from the side of the stage with his guitar tech Warren. I have told Slash that I have seen Slayer live more times than any other band(though now I would guess that honor goes to Slash, Myles and the boys).

My heart goes out to the Slayer family, who have lost two brothers recently, the Hanneman family, and the metal world as a whole. We lost one of the hands-down greatest riffers of all time.

RIP Jeff Hanneman
    RIP BC3

RIP Jeff...

Comment

Wow, I just found out. I'm an old school fan; seen Jeff live many times.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I remember seeing Slayer at the Cameo theater in Miami when I was in high school. It was the coolest show I'd gone to at the time and still one of my most memorable. I'm gonna miss seeing him on stage with them. RIP Jeff Hanneman
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Well written brother. Was a sad day yesterday.

Comment

Working...
          X