Clear All

• Vivian Campells last in Line Charvel

Copied from Vivians FB page

Click image for larger version

Name:	last in line charvel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2451958

In the battle of Charvel Strat vs Les Paul, the Les Paul won. I'll be taking 72987537, my original Dio-era Les Paul on the tour with my trusty, silver-sparkle, bastardised '78 Custom as a back-up. The ENGL rig sounds absolutely amazing with the LP; straight in, no effects. Here's a picture of all 3 guitars at the rehearsals. To be fair, I didn't really have much time to get comfortable with the Charvel and it's been many, many years since I played it. It has such a different feel to the Pauls and these days I'm just much more at home with the LPs. By the way, pictured is my first Charvel; the one Grover Jackson gave me during Holy Diver recordings. It later was painted with the Last in Line album cover, but I stripped it down to the wood as it sounded better that way.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

So he stripped it down after the Last In Line paintjob?

Guess Al Z can stop looking for it then
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No one tell him ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Here it is in action - at least it looks like the same guitar...

Comment

^^^ hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
            No one tell him ..

Comment

IIRC this was originally black:

Then got the "Last in Line" graphic (which supposedly Vivian never liked) :

& no more "broken" pickguard either:

Comment

So he added a pick guard to the rear routed guitar or is it a different guitar or body?

Comment

Yup....look @ that "broken pickguard" pic....no route....pickguard added to rear-routed body!!

Comment

I believe I recently read that he's fighting hodgkins lymphoma or something.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I saw that too and you're right it is Hodgkins lymphoma. Still touring though, I think in Europe with original Dio lineup - minus RJD of course. That would be a cool show to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        So he stripped it down after the Last In Line paintjob?

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                        No one tell him ..

Comment

Originally posted by G333 View Post

Man he was badass back then, he played with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                            I saw that too and you're right it is Hodgkins lymphoma. Still touring though, I think in Europe with original Dio lineup - minus RJD of course. That would be a cool show to see.
                            No shit! I thought RJD was little bitter after Vivian took off with Def Leppard. That tour would be awesome to see, I wonder who's singing though? He would have to be a hell of a singer to even get close enough to sound like Dio.
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by G333 View Post
                              ..and in the Hear N' Aid video.

Comment

Working...
                              X