Dude's got the chops and tone DOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude's got the chops and tone DOWN!

Mean Street copyright Van Halen. Demonstration of my EVH RUDE replica played on my 5150iii with a guitarless backing track. This guitarless backing track is ...
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Looks like he's got the chops down, but the tone is awful in that vid IMO. Very distant sounding. So bad I had trouble discerning the notes he's playing. I'm guessing he's just using the mic on his video recorder. Would likely sound much better if he'd close mic the amp.

Comment

His playing is quite skilled. Designing the headstock in the shape of Eddie's cancerous tongue goes too far though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        Looks like he's got the chops down, but the tone is awful in that vid IMO. Very distant sounding. So bad I had trouble discerning the notes he's playing. I'm guessing he's just using the mic on his video recorder. Would likely sound much better if he'd close mic the amp.
        Honestly, I LIKE that tone. Yeah Im weird
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          His playing is quite skilled. Designing the headstock in the shape of Eddie's cancerous tongue goes too far though.
          I went to his website...Apparently he replica'd every early VH guitar that there was...down to the most minute details ...a few of them I had never seen/heard of ...but I guess if the guy's THAT much of a VH historian...he'd know better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
            Honestly, I LIKE that tone. Yeah Im weird
            I'm guessing it sounds excellent in the room, but the cheap mic he used ruined it IMO.

Whatever the case, YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              I'm guessing it sounds excellent in the room, but the cheap mic he used ruined it IMO.

Whatever the case, YMMV.
              +1 the mic was probably cheap because the tone did sound bad IMO as well.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

So, explain to a knucklehead like me, how did he get the guitarless backing track?
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  So, explain to a knucklehead like me, how did he get the guitarless backing track?

Comment

That head stock just plain bothers me. Can't tell but that looks like an early Floyd sans fine tuners.

Comment

So is that just him alone in that room with a 5150? Hell I like the sound of a Blackstar IC30 at that volume. Tommy D.
                      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Vh fanboy

Comment

You can purchase tracks from karaoke sites for cheap. You can also take out parts that you don't want. You notice that Panama track was not original VH. This is how a lot of new cover bands survive today. They can't really play. They just buy these tracks and pretend. Unfortunately, I've witnessed it several times. 99% of people don't know the difference. Especially when they are drunk.
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

4 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              Vh fanboy

Yeah, pretty much sums it up

I would find it awesome to be able to play EVH, but in the end if I end up 'just' an EVH wannabe, I took a wrong turn somewhere
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X