Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Strathead!

This is Joe Holmes' new band...

Farmikos - Spoon And Sun (Teaser)Holmes/Hoffort/Locke© 2014 IDOK MUSIC/ ANGRY BEAGLE/ BAYOUBLUESMUSIC (ASCAP)Shot by Terry MoewsEdited by Michael Weissman, a...

that boy's good. who is he? and whats that odd looking neck p/u?

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
      that boy's good. who is he? and whats that odd looking neck p/u?
      Joe Holmes was a student of Randy Rhoads, was in Lizzy Borden. Was in Ozzy's band in the late '90s for a little while when Zakk was doing his BLS thing.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

very cool. tnx.

Comment

No prob. I saw Joe on Ozzfest in the late '90s and was wondering where Zakk was. Then it seemed like every magazine at the time had an article about Ozzy and Joe, showed Joe with a nice collection of vintage Fender Strats and Charvels. I believe Alex Skolnick originally got the gig, played one show, and then all of the sudden they hired Joe without telling Alex!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool guitar, cool song. Very AiC-ish. Lizzy Borden eh? I saw them open for Yngwie a long time ago and they were great.

Comment

Just a Duncan mini humbucker in the neck position I believe.

Sounds good. Joe is a great player.

I figured this would be THAT Strathead. He has had it for years. Interesting combination of specs on that neck. Reverse head (or maybe it is a true lefty), insane birdseye, 22 frets, small logo.

Comment

The 'Murderess Metal Road Show' live album Lizzy Borden released in the mid 80's is a melodic metal masterpiece IMO. Don't think Holmes was yet in the band for that album but nice to see he's still rockin'.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I kept expecting to see a 19" dick.

It sounded good, but I couldn't get too excited about the guitar. HSH is like the Sandra Bernhard of pickup configurations. No matter where you look there's just nothing sexy about it.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Coolness....always dug his taste in guitars:

Comment

Yelp...coolness

Comment

Sorry for raisin the dead but have you guys checked out the Ep?
                        Massive....
                        Plus Joe has the coolest guitars EVER.

Comment

That birdseye neck is sweeter then pussy.....fuck the rest of the guitar though

Comment

Very good stuff. Can't wait to hear the rest Sept 2014. That guitar is sick, minus the whole H S H config!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                              Coolness....always dug his taste in guitars:

Stripped! Just volume knobs. LOVE it!

Comment

Working...
                              X