Savatage Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savatage Fans?

Im up late drinking beer, smoking weed and feelin old and goin through my collection and Savatage came up. Hall of the Mountain King and Gutter Ballet are master works! Agree or no? Tell me fellas, your thoughts!
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Gutter Ballet gets my vote. Savatage are awesome.

Comment

load of Sava fans around here. The JCF actually turned me on to them, since I'd only seen pics in guitar mags back in the day. Excellent band & Oliva was astoundingly good.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm a huge Savatage fan from the beginning. Still listen to all their Oliva albums these days! No other band makes me nostalgic for the 80's like this band does. All that fake metal from the 80's pales in comparison to this band.
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Streets was one of my faves.
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Gutter ballet, and Edge of thorns, two of my faves.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Savatage was awesome. Yeah, Chris Olivia was so underrated.

I just found out about them a few years ago. Once I did, I bought all their CDs, then ripped one with all my favorites that is still in my car. I listened to that nonstop for at least a year; still do at least once a week. That was the only cd I had in my car. Got so my wife wouldn't even get in it if I didn't agree to play something else beforehand.

Legions and Strange Wings are a couple of my favorites.

Comment

Excellent band with great musicians, songs and production. To me, their music was a notch above a lot of their peers in the 80's. The piano intro to Gutter Ballet still stops me in my tracks.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

When I saw this vid years ago I was instantly a fan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQaWMgr4SKA

Comment

Not a day goes by without listening to a savatage tune or one from the Savatage family. Trans Siberian Orchestra, Jon Oliva's Pain, Chris Caffery Solo stuff TSO, Doro, Jimmy Stur on RFD TV, Jeff Plate TSO Metal Church, Johnny Lee Middleton TSO, Zak Stevens TSO, Circle II Circle, Machines of grace, Alex Skolnick Testament, TSO , Al Pitrelli TSO, Megadeth, Alice Cooper,Danger Danger,Asia, so much talent imagine if Cris Oliva was still here adding music. Savatage song Christmas in Sarejavo on Dead Winter Dead got no air play so they made a name up Trans Siberian Orchestra and resent to radio station and it was played all over the world. So they made TSO a side project of Savatage and it kept growing and after Poets and Madmen they just stuck with TSO and There personal side bands Like Testamnet , Metal Church, Circle II Circle Jon Oliva's Pain, Chris Caffery, O2l . I have met Chris Caffery and Jon Oliva and they are really nice people as well and appreciate the fans. Savatage my favorite Band of all time. Hard to pick favorite album. Hall of the Mountain King, Edge of Thorns, Handfull of Rain, Streets. Playing wise I stick to playing the stuff in D standard All albums till Gutter Ballet when he switched to standard tuning. and the 2 tunes in drop c Hall of Mountain King, Power of the Night and the couple drop d ones Gutter Ballet, Damien, Edge of thorns the price you pay.

MrHiwatt
                    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                    RR1 Black
                    RR1 Blue ghost flames
                    Stealth EX
                    Hamer Studio
                    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I actually saw them in 89 with Dark Angel in Phoenix.
                      Back then you just assumed all these bands would be around forever. I was 19 and loved every minute of it.

Comment

Chris Oliva is one of my fav guitar players and the Savatage albums with him are many of my favorites. I don't like any of the other recordings. I got to see 2 songs at the end of a set back in the late 80's. I was pissed at my friends then and am even angrier about now.

Comment

I got into them early with Sirens and Dungeons. Saw the live a couple of times when I lived in California.

Comment

i don't think a song as great as Power of the Night will ever be written

Comment

I'm not very familiar with Savatage or their catalog but I did see this video of Strange Wings posted here some time ago and thought it was a really cool tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X