No announcement yet.

Savatage Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good music, nice guitar work, Jon Oliva's vocals....hmmmm not so good! Now, if they got Zach to redo all the vocals....
    www.vvforums.com

Comment

A huge part of savatage was Jon's erie vocals imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        A huge part of savatage was Jon's erie vocals imo.
        +1

I would rather have Jon redo all the vocals. Hall, Gutter and Streets are like the Holy Trinity. 3 Amazing albums.

The Zak era was good, but not "Savatage" IMHO
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

Hall of The Mountain King is my favorite album. It's guitars are very dense and full sounding. And Strange wings is similar to Scorpions Rock You Like hurricane (the rhythm part that is).

Comment

hell yea , they ruled , i was there at lamours nyc 1985 , i have my stub , front row by the end , it was all good , seen em like 5 times w/ r.i.p chris olivia , and i own jackson 2000 cat pic #11 chris caffery's flametop rhoads ! i got via his tech , a great bro , i play it all the time ! i also own a bootleg c.s. of avatar , there orig name ! streets is insane ! i seen them 1985,86 new years eve w/ megadeth n dio ! it ruled , plus many other shows like 5 ? heres some insane savatage stuff , happy holidays all, rock on , alz / 2014 these are with the rhoads I own right now ! alz

more
            Official music video remastered in HD for Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Requiem (The Fifth)" from 'Beethoven's Last Night' (2000)Subscribe to the Trans-Siberia...

I alz own this rhoads , its not for sale ! enjoy

Comment

Just read Guitar World about Savatage...and i thought they are awesome........

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                +1

I would rather have Jon redo all the vocals. Hall, Gutter and Streets are like the Holy Trinity. 3 Amazing albums.

The Zak era was good, but not "Savatage" IMHO
                ^^^This +1!!! Jon's vocals are a big part of why I love this band. His eerie creepy way of singing those songs was awesome. Whenever I listen to a Zach with Savatage, I wish it was Jon. I really like the albums previous to those 3 as well.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
                  ^^^This +1!!! Jon's vocals are a big part of why I love this band. His eerie creepy way of singing those songs was awesome. Whenever I listen to a Zach with Savatage, I wish it was Jon. I really like the albums previous to those 3 as well.
                  Yep, all the early 'tage stuff is killer.

Jon Oliva's Pain is great too, kind of goes back to a Gutter Ballet/Streets sort of song writing
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

Big fan here too in 85 they were THE BAND for me.
                    TSO kicks ass too.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Killer band, and funny guys. Gutter Ballet and Edge of Thorns for me.
                      Jon is doing Streets in its entirety in Atlanta at ProgpowerUSA in Sept.

Comment

Yeah, count me in as a fan- I've got Hall, Gutter, Streets and even Handful of Rain. Saw them live in Pittsburgh opening for Megadeth and they tore it up! Always liked Jon's vocals and Criss was no slouch- played some tasty stuff.

Comment

My first album was Edge of Thorns from the "bargain bin" at a record shop, so I guess I was biased towards Zack from the beginning! Love Handful of Rain too. Hall, Gutter and Streets have some great songs though, no doubt there.
                          www.vvforums.com

Comment

call me crazy but a lot of Jon's vocals reminded me of King with better production
                            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I've been a huge Sava fan since seeing them live in 1985!!.... I posted this song on FB Sunday morning.... Criss was a monster player!!! http://youtu.be/cNsCJgsFYJM
                              All hail the 'King'
                              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Out of curiosity, how does everyone feel about Poets and Madmen? I think it is one of their best, but the general feeling I've got is that most are less than impressed with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X