Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch's new Stuff

Check this out people,
    This song makes me want to re think my style. I've been inspired by George for Decades. Now I'm re Inspired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErVQXgsvEGU

Vocals are way too loud in the mix. Video production is nice. Other than that, kinda meh.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Typical George... playing it, but not "feeling" it.
      Song has potential.
      -Rick

Comment

It's the Trader Joe's discount version of King's X!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          It's the Trader Joe's discount version of King's X!
          That might be the perfect description! Maybe they can use that in their promos.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I think the song is pretty weak, but my biggest issue is production. Like Xeno said, the mix is off. It sounds to me they didn't put much time into the final, or mastering process.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              I think the song is pretty weak, but my biggest issue is production. Like Xeno said, the mix is off. It sounds to me they didn't put much time into the final, or mastering process.
              The thing that really spoils it for me is the video production was better than the audio production. Music sounded kinda flat and levels were all messed up. lol

Back in 83 he had god like status. lol

Comment

Good on George that he's still creating, though this video doesn't really hold up the true context of creating. More like reheating old leftovers. And not very good leftovers IMHO. This plate of bland meatloaf and mash potatoes just happens to be a new menu item compared to the smoldering goodies he served up in the 80's and early 90's.

And yeah, King's X does it a whole lot better!

Comment

Wow no one so far is feeling this I'm a bit surprised. When I sat down and listened to it from a George Lynch History stand point I was moved by the style and flow of the song. I didn't judge the video production and audio quality. I was listening to George Play and that was enough for me.

I'm sure if I looked at it from everyone else prospective I might share some of the opinions above. I think where I'm coming from is I'm a Metal guitarist since forever and this inspired me to turn down the gain, back off my aggressive playing style and have some flow.
                  I'm writing this new song I've been working on and I played it for my X drummer who is my best friend. We grew up in the musical world together and I wanted his opinion on it. he listened to it and liked it but felt it lacked flow. It was to choppy and aggressive for how cool the lick was. After listening to the new Lynch song, I kinda felt what he was talking about. It actually helped me take my song in another direction. Smooth out the ruff edges if you will.

I'm excited to hear a new Album and can't wait for it to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                    I'm sure if I looked at it from everyone else prospective I might share some of the opinions above.
                    I only rated the video and audio production because I thought the song was kinda crap, uninspiring guitar, seems like a parody of an idea that's already been done. I've heard a hundred bands play what sounds like that same song over and over. To each, their own I guess but I expect way better from Mr Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      I only rated the video and audio production because I thought the song was kinda crap, uninspiring guitar, seems like a parody of an idea that's already been done. I've heard a hundred bands play what sounds like that same song over and over. To each, their own I guess but I expect way better from Mr Scary.
                      This...
                      I expected more from George.
                      This was a phoned in piece with no feeling.
                      The song has potential to be good, but not with whatever that shit was that George was pumping out.
                      Reminds me of a Disney studio band.
                      -Rick

Comment

Agree with last two posts- the song just didn't have anything else going on that made me willing to overlook the crappy/sappy lyrics and lackluster guitar.

Comment

Is everyone watching the same video I watched? From the comments I don't think we are.
                          I've been fan of George since Early Dokken and this is fantastic. Are you guys not fans?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                            Agree with last two posts- the song just didn't have anything else going on that made me willing to overlook the crappy/sappy lyrics and lackluster guitar.
                            Sometimes Less is more my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                              Sometimes Less is more my friend.
                              True, and sometime shit is just shit.

I have no qualm with less is more- a song can breath when the right ingredients are used in moderation to do so. This tune did not have those ingredients IMO. Lynch, who I greatly admire, didn't seem to be bringing it and the lyrical content was trite and uninspiring. But to each their own. This struck me as some okay stuff a former guitar god might whip up whilst sitting around in the retirement community, after meeting some fellow musicians. Still is decent playing and writing but held up to the light of George's past accomplishments, meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X