Slash's Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash's Jacksons

As I was recently reading an article about Slash (as I'm a huge fanboy), it noted how in the early GNR days, Slash owned two different Jacksons: a black/white Soloist archtop prototype with upside reverse sharkies, and a black Firebird with a red Jackson logo on the headstock and a red sticker on the bottom wing (both were Floyded and dual humbucker). He used the Firebird to record his rhythm parts on Appetite, but got rid of both due to his dissatisfaction in their tone and sold them for smack.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know/would anyone know what happened to these guitars? It'd be pretty interesting to see what happened to them. Gracias.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
    ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
    Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
    Blackstar Soloist HT60
    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
    Seymour Duncan 805

I think there's a picture of the firebird in the "lies" cd sleeve, no idea what came of the guitars after. Good question, would be cool to know, hopefully someone chimes in with info
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

AFAIK He never actually used one in the studio.

I know the one he went to change the strings, cut them off all at once and the guitar couldn't intonate after that. That's when he got the LP's made.

Comment

His guitar tech might know. He's up on here, I can't remember his handle. I have some photos of one of them from a mag I have.

Comment

Ace is (was?) his tech. Haven't seen him around in a while....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X