Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool article on Vivian Campbell's "Nightswan" prototypes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool article on Vivian Campbell's "Nightswan" prototypes.

Hint, they started with Warmoth body and neck...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Great so the two most famous Kramers are not Kramers (his and Eddie's). Just like the most famous Charvel is not a Charvel (Jake's). And the most famous Gibson is not a Gibson (Slash's). And the most famous Fender is not a Fender (Gilmour's)

Comment

Now I need to get someone to make me a fake Sully so it can become the most famous Sully.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Esp did not make the Mr scary guitar for George Lynch.

Comment

It's funny to realize that not only is he miming John Sykes' playing in the 1987 Whitesnake videos, but he's doing so with a guitar (Kramer Nightswan) that didn't start off as a real Kramer. At least his hair was authentic, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Great so the two most famous Kramers are not Kramers (his and Eddie's). Just like the most famous Charvel is not a Charvel (Jake's). And the most famous Gibson is not a Gibson (Slash's). And the most famous Fender is not a Fender (Gilmour's)
            Funny ain't it? ...although which one of Gilmour's are you talking about, his black strat? What's not really Fender about that?

Comment

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
              Funny ain't it? ...although which one of Gilmour's are you talking about, his black strat? What's not really Fender about that?
              That black strat had different incarnations, but a Charvel neck for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                That black strat had different incarnations, but a Charvel neck for a while.
                Many different incarnations! http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Many different incarnations! http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66
                  Yeah that's just nuts. I love that guitar!

EDIT: Although definitely a mutt, it was mostly Fender parts all the way through the recording of The Wall. The Charvel necks and Kahler went on later. So I guess you can call it a Fender.
                  Last edited by Axewielder; 07-21-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Is it just me or are the 12th fret dots very far apart on the Charvel neck, which is normally a decent identifier of a fake Charvel neck? Or were there no set rules back then?

Comment

NO! My swan is exactly like Vivian's! I AM EXACTLY LIKE VIVIAN! I.....

Kramer is such an odd company. Almost none of the wood was shaped in Neptune, and ESP was not the only source of parts. Sport, lasidio, other names back there as well.

It's pretty well known that Buddy Blaze got that guitar in Vivian's hands prior to any relationship with Kramer. Given that Kramer was all about artist endorsements (it's been argued that is what bankrupted the company - probably not completely accurate but a factor I'd believe) yeah! Why wouldn't Vivian and Buddy take a check for applying a water slide decal? I sure as hell would.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        Why wouldn't Vivian and Buddy take a check for applying a water slide decal? I sure as hell would.
                        And it's one of the most kick-ass guitars ever built. I can't believe I sold mine. But, I will have another. Oh yes, it shall be mine.

Comment

I knew Gilmour's had gone through many incarnations, but its been Fender neck/body most of it's life

Comment

I had a black one. I bought it at American Music in seattle. I played everything they had and walked out with it. Totally unintended. Only thing that. Could of been better was the nut was 1 5/8.For me I got fat fingers.
                            It burnt in a fire back in the day. What is ironic is that I had a g&l with a warmoth neck and emgs that burnt with it. I have been drooling over warmoth stuff lately. Im going to build a warmoth strat.

Comment

Working...
                            X