Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Buddy Guy and Jeff beck Lastnight WOW

Hi Guys,
    What a show. I hope I can play anywhere near that well when I'm of that age. These 2 guys played damn near flawless and really sounded amazing.
    Funny thing is I'm not a huge fan of either of them as I don't spend my time listening to Blues or Classic rock type stuff. But I'm now a HUGE fan of seeing it live.
    Buddy is amazing and really makes his Strat Sing. He is funny as hell and just seems to love what he does.
    Jeff plays and makes his Strat do things I don't think any other guitar player can do. WOW is he just crazy amazing.
    Another thing Jeff does better then anyone I have ever seen live is Dynamics. My God can he control the volume control and picking attack like no other. His sound went from Sweet clarity to roaring thunder and he didn't step on any pedal to do it. He did it all with his Playing.
    I have always respected both of these guys as players, I have a whole different level of that now.
    Last edited by mantis; 07-24-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Beck is absolutely humbling...the most expressive player ever

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
        Beck is absolutely humbling...the most expressive player ever

I don't really love Jeff Becks music but watching him play always drops my jaw. He is something.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Buddy is one of the greatest live performers you can ever see.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

nice. I like seeing great musicians, regardless of the genre. Sounds like a great show
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Awesome!

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Awesome!

I actually enjoy that whole album. In reference to that song, I used to drink at a bar referred to as the blood bucket in Chicago but I never Saw Buddy there
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yeah, I, too, enjoyed the album!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

i am going to see the Beck/Buddy Guy show tonight at Ravinia - it's Buddy's 80th birthday this weekend, and it seems like all of Chicago is celebrating it....

but i'm mainly going to hear Beck - he is one of my favorite players ever - and someone who made lots of great music with Jackson Soloists!

Comment

Cool man

Comment

Wish they had come my way on this tour, I've seen them both separately
                        https://soundcloud.com/benjammin420/funkapus

Comment

Damn, I wanted to go see that show so bad but I was too late to try and get tickets... the only stuff left after a couple days were ridiculous VIP packages.

Comment

Working...
                          X