No announcement yet.

Pure speculation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more interested to know if Sharon would have left Ozzy for him hahhahaha
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Why do people obsess about stuff like this?
      There is no answer so why even ask the question?
      Also no answer to "what's the best pickup in a mahogany body"

And yet JCF lives on and here you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        Also no answer to "what's the best pickup in a mahogany body"

And yet JCF lives on and here you are.
        That just made me shoot soda (ouch) out of my nose laughing so hard.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by RR2772 View Post
          It was on the cards though that Randy had decided to leave and Ozzy was informed. He did not want to do the speak of the devil covers and eventually after some bad vibes making a deal for one more album and tour.
          Exactly my point, this fact leads me to believe that they desperately wanted to keep him in and already succeeded in a change of heart once
          Ozzy needed him to make music, Sharon needed him to keep Ozzy afloat
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

There would have been 1,000,000 guitar teachers more than willing to trade places with him playing arenas.

Comment

Dean
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yes but without Bob Daisley or Lee Kerslake to help create the songs that kind of thought was not really accepted and understood. So they got fired but that means loosing the songwriting/musical identity that created the first 2 solo albums with Ozzy the drunk slob he was at the time.

It could have been interesting if a 3rd Randy/Ozzy album would have been as good. Rudy and Tommy weren't song writers.
                What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Originally posted by RR2772 View Post
                  Yes but without Bob Daisley or Lee Kerslake to help create the songs that kind of thought was not really accepted and understood. So they got fired but that means loosing the songwriting/musical identity that created the first 2 solo albums with Ozzy the drunk slob he was at the time.

It could have been interesting if a 3rd Randy/Ozzy album would have been as good. Rudy and Tommy weren't song writers.

www.vvforums.com

Comment

At the rate Sharon was working Ozzy and the band, he'd have had a breakdown, baled out and been teaching guitar to other patients in a rural retreat somewhere (and finger painting). He'd be like Vito Bratta (ie. remembered fondly, but fleetingly, and nothing to do with the music industry).

Oh, and Ozzy would be long dead, Sharon would be gobbling dicks for food.

Oo-er, when I say "baled out", I don't mean...
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Reading the article there's something I hadn't heard(read) before "Daisley: No, he punched Randy in the face. He got all pissed off because he knew Randy wanted to leave the band. Tommy Aldridge told me that, I wasn't there when it happened, but Tommy said that Randy could not wait to get away from Ozzy. He wanted to get out and dedicate himself to his classical guitar playing, go through the schools, do more teaching himself, and he wanted out. In Tommy Aldridge's words, "He did find a way out, it was just the hard way.""

Has this ever been verified that Tommy Aldridge even said that? I don't doubt it that it could have happen, Ozzy as a junky was likely violent - I'm just curious if this incident was ever confirmed?

As for Randy, I have to second the idea that he'd probably have died on lung cancer. I watched a video of Janet Robin at NAMM (She was a student of Randy's, she was also in the 80's band Precious Metal) and one of the first things she mentioned was his non stop smoking.

I don't think the Ozzy experience would have caused him to leave metal, even with ozzy he played some shows with QR, I'd imagine he'd have either returned there or started a new band, probably with Daisley and gone out and made a living continuing his studies and teaching.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

If Randy hadn't died - and if he had stayed with Jackson for a few years - he may have asked Grover to build him a Jackson LP-style body to replace his Gibby. Imagine if Jackson started marketing a Randy-endorsed Les Paul body style guitar in the 80s. What would the guitar manufacturing landscape look like now, if that had been the case?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                          If Randy hadn't died - and if he had stayed with Jackson for a few years - he may have asked Grover to build him a Jackson LP-style body to replace his Gibby. Imagine if Jackson started marketing a Randy-endorsed Les Paul body style guitar in the 80s. What would the guitar manufacturing landscape look like now, if that had been the case?
                          Thats a thought. In 1982 the LP was just about to enter metal/hard rock exile as the super strats and wild shapes achieved dominance. True, it was only 8 or 9 years later that they came back with Slash using one (on stage at least) but they were mildly uncool old guys guitars for a while there.

Eddie is associated with the super strat. Maybe Rhoads would have been associated with some sort of shredder LP.

Comment

ESP would pay him boatloads of cash to play an ESP clone of a Les Paul

with EMG pups in it (his own version of the 81/85 set with his name on it of course)

and seven strings

and a baritone

and flame maple veneer top

and genuine licensed Floyd

and "it's sort of like mahogany so we'll call it mahogany" body

and available in black, flat black, matte black, glittery happy-sparkle black, transparent black, and metallic black

Comment

But Randy liked white. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X