Warren Demartini best solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Demartini best solo?

What do you guys think is his best solo?

Tough one.
    "Shame"
    "Nobody Rides"
    "You're In Trouble"
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I always like You're in Love.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've always been partial to Slip of the Lip, In Your Direction, Enough is Enough, Nobody Rides, Between the Eyes, Shame, and Round and Round myself.

Comment

The whole band got back in fighting shape in 2010 and Warren was still killing it!

Comment

Would really struggle to pick a favourite Warren solo - he's fucking great though. I really like their 'RATT' album from 2000 or so. Some great stuff on there..
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

He's such a great player. I've tried multiple times to sit down and think of his best solo and couldn't pick just one. I do love his playing all around though in You're in Love and What's It Gonna Be

Comment

It's not often but sometimes I wish we could just have the music without the lyrics... it's 2017 and I still listen to 80's music which continues to destroy everything else... and even an 80's spoof group (Steel Panther) imo ... beats a lot of what's out here today. But yeah, Warren has always been great!
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I like the last solo in Round and Round.

Comment

Tough for me to pick a favorite but You're In Love and Nobody Rides would be near the top of my list.

Comment

The quick run in I'm Insane - half of it is Robbin

Comment

My personal fav to play is "I Want a Woman" but if I can come close to playing it, it can't possibly be his best. I think "Top Secret" is amazing. Not sure if it is half Warren and half Robin but it is really cool!

Comment

Warren is one of my original guitar heroes!

Standouts for me are probably You're In Love, Lay It Down and Nobody Rides for Free. Also Wanted Man. I've had great fun recording cover versions of all of those other than Nobody....in my home studio. RATT songs are such fun to play, they come to me naturally. The very first guitar riff I taught myself to play was the simple but effective main riff to You're In Love.
                          Last edited by Black Shadow; 04-26-2017, 10:09 PM.
                          '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                          '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                          '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                          '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                          '90 Charvel 475 XL
                          '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                          Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                          Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

He doesn't have a bad one. He can shred it up, but also play those bouncy, bluesy leads too. He's probably my favorite of all time, bar none.

Comment

Anytime he does legato. My favorite is the ending solo to round and round.
                              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                              X